Complaint Review: Xpcloseout.com

• Submitted: Thu, August 07, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 07, 2008

• Reported By:Benicia California
Xpcloseout.com
174 W. Foothill Blvd., Monrovia, California U.S.A.

Xpcloseout.com Possibly scammed me and depleted my Green Dot Money Pak of $208. Monrovia California

I received a fax at my workplace. It seemed like a good deal. And, besides, it would go to help the handicapped. I purchased a "Green Dot Money Pak" and placed my order by sending the information they requested by fax. Fax number looked as if it was in the Los Angeles area. I became suspicious when I did a search on "Google," which gave me "red flags" that this might, indeed, be a scam. I then tried to divert the funds I placed in the Green Dot Money Pak and found out that all the funds had already been depleted. I then tried to call their "800" number, but the automated system brought me nowhere. The site, xpcloseout.com, was suspended for a few days and has now resurfaced offering to upgrade Windows Xp to Windows Vista for $99.

I am deeply concerned that many people are being "ripped off," and the alleged scammer(s) are making off with a lot of money.

If they are legitimate, may their efforts be blessed in helping the handicapped. However, if they are scamming innocent people, may they be brought to justice!!!

Alexander
Benicia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2008 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xpcloseoutcom/Monrovia-California-91016/Xpcloseoutcom-Possibly-scammed-me-and-depleted-my-Green-Dot-Money-Pak-of-208-Monrovia-C-360375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xpcloseout.com