Complaint Review: Xtreme Audio

• Submitted: Wed, August 14, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, August 14, 2002

• Reported By:Loysville PA
Xtreme Audio
Unknown Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Xtreme Audio Joe Tufano Digital Audio 2000 ripoff, gave me a line of crap, conned me into getting money out of the bank, con artist fake ripoff rip off scam con artists Harrisburg Pennsylvania

Two men in a white van told me to pull over at a red light. I thought they needed help or something but then realized they were trying to sell me speakers. I told them I didnt want any.

Mr. Joe Tufano, The driver of the van then told how he installed professional sound systems for night clubs and bars. He said that he was installing a system for Grandpa Growlers, a bar which I was familiar with in Mechanicsburg, PA.

He sounded pretty legit and kept telling me that it was not a con and that he just needed to sell an extra unit that he had. Not thinking straightly from the heat, I foolishy let him talk me into getting money out of the bank. I paid him $270 in cash for a 5.1 surround sound system(Digital Audio 2002 DA 5.1 Pro Series II), which after closer inspection I found to be a piece of junk.

After removing the grill from the bass module I found that the speakers were falling apart. After hooking the speakers to a reciever I found that they sounded like royal s**t. I also discovered that there was no serial number on the speakers and that all five speakers could not be hooked up at one time in order for the reciever to run under a normal load.

If anyone sees two men selling speakers from a white van in the Mechanicsburg, PA area please write down his liscense plate number and report him imediatly to the police.

The driver named Joe Tufano was about 35 years old with short brown hair, with a dark tann, about 210lbs, and 5'8" in height. The passanger, name unknown also had a very tann complection, was slighty older, had short gray hair, wieghed about 180lbs. and was about 6'2" in height.

Loysville, Pennsylvania

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2002 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xtreme-Audio/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17104/Xtreme-Audio-Joe-Tufano-Digital-Audio-2000-ripoff-gave-me-a-line-of-crap-conned-me-into-26943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xtreme Audio