Complaint Review: Xtreme So Cal

• Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: sisturi — Pasadena California United States of America
Xtreme So Cal
25147 Ave Stanford Valencia, California United States of America

Xtreme So Cal Xtreme SoCal Deceptive, rude, liars and thieves. Valencia, California

Deceptive sales pitch & combative customer support.

On the CSULA campus, I was greeted by Jackie (Jacquelyn) Lowe, who offered skydiving lessons, snowboarding tickets, and other sport related activities for the promotion being offered by her company, Xtreme So Cal.  I was genuinely interest, and Jackie seemed like a nice person.  After hearing her pitch I decided I would join.  But I was notified that if I could get a friend in on the package, we could split the costs.  Sounds like I plan, I thought.  I gave her my information and my credit card number.  Which in hindsight wasn't the best thing to do.

However, I was told that nothing would be charged yet.  I then asked Jackie if my card will be charged with anything without my consent (meaning automatic payments) she assured me it would not.  The contract I signed also had a box below the terms and condition stating if I agree to make a "1 time payment of 99. [continued below]....
.....95".  There was also another box next to it indicating the option for 5 payments of 19.99 a month.  Neither of these options were mentioned to me by Jackie, and they were left unchecked.  Therefore, I assumed Jackie was being honest.

Cut ahead two and half weeks later, I haven't found anyone who would want to join me in the SoCal promotion, so I decide to cancel.  Let it be known that Jackie also never specified the cancellation dates.  Which, even if she did, wouldn't have helped seeing as the time period mentioned on the contract conflicts with the time period mentioned on the website.  I also notice that 99.95 dollars was taken from my account when viewing my online bank statement.  Confused, I call Xtreme So Cal's billing department to figure out what is going on, exactly.  Lo-and-behold, Jackie herself is the head of the billing department.

I informed the person on the other side of the line (I did not know it was Jackie at the time) that the sales rep I met at my campus had failed to properly inform me of the billing procedure.  The head of the billing department flipped out and revealed herself to be Jackie.  She claimed "you're a liar", "I've been doing this for five years" and other rather rude statements.  Calmly I responded by stating that she did not tell me in detail how the billing process works.  In fact, when I asked her if my card would be charged without my consent she flat out told me, "no!"

Again, she continued with "you're a dirty liar,"  "you will NEVER get your money back," "you are not welcome in this business again," and my personal favorite, "I don't care if they charge you for the rest of your life."  Real classy.

Case in point.  This business is a scam.  Their sales reps and the head of the billing department, Jacquelyn Lowe, is a deceptive, conniving, belligerent, shrew.  After some internet searching, the deals and promotional code Xtreme SoCal offers aren't even valid at the various sporting locations they claim they are in partnership with.

SCAM SCAM SCAM.  But don't think I'm going down without a fight.  I'm working to get Xtreme SoCal banned from soliciting at California campuses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xtreme-So-Cal/Valencia-California-91355/Xtreme-So-Cal-Xtreme-SoCal-Deceptive-rude-liars-and-thieves-Valencia-California-917447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xtreme So Cal