Complaint Review: Xtreme Socal

• Reported By: sammiegirl — Irvine California United States of America
Xtreme Socal
25147 Ave Stanford Valencia, California United States of America

Xtreme Socal DECEPTIVE SALES AND LIES Valencia, California

*Author of original report: These rebuttals are ridiculous

*Consumer Comment: im an out of state customer and....

*Consumer Comment: Super Stoked For Xtreme SoCal Promotions

*Consumer Comment: This company Rocks

Okay so I was eating lunch one day at the UTC at UCI...some lady comes up to me asking if I've ever been skydiving. Yes I have. She pulls out these two cards with promotions on them for a whole bunch of outdoorsy activities. I was a little weary because there really wasn't any information about the legitimacy of this website..but their agent told me that there would be no fees if I canceled. All she needed was to take down my card and in 10 days, if I didn't cancel, they would charge. If I did cancel, that they would just not charge me.

She assured me that I wouldn't have to pay anything and told me it was a 10 day trial to see if I can get another student to split the cost ($100) with me. If I couldn't, then it would be okay and she recommended me to cancel and said it would be no cost to me. The contract is distinctly different than the one online and what was told to me verbally. Orally, I was told 10 days, written on contract was 3 days, online contract is 5 days. Everything is out of order and confusing about this business.

Furthermore, I asked to view the website before purchasing. She told me not to worry about the website at that moment, and that if I didn't like it later that I can cancel within 10 days without being charged. She literally said "just cancel online and you won't be charged" despite what the contract says.

She also told me that I would be getting 2 lift tickets per card, totaling to 4 lift tickets. I specifically asked her if it would be 4 tickets, and she said yes. Online it is clear that it is only 2. It seems as if she was falsely advertising the products. I told her I wanted to check out the website first to read up on everything, but she said that it was okay and that there was nothing to be charged on my card if I decided to cancel. This is false advertisement and deceptive marketing to COLLEGE STUDENTS, who don't have any money anyway.

All of the "Free stuff" that you get to try -- yeah you have to pay for rentals..and if you check the website of the rentals the rental "fee" is as much as it would be if you just booked through the regular website (see malibu surfing website)..which is $85-$185. Skydiving is $185 for rental fees and you jump from 8k......I paid $205 for a 13k AND a videographer.

Oh yeah--I tried cancelling, they gave me the "read the contract, it says there will be a fee." OKAY, well your AGENT TOLD ME to not worry about any fees AT ALL cus I wouldn't be charged if I canceled within 10 days. The website says 5 days, the contract says 3. It's all confusing. It's a $30 CANCELLATION fee. WHY? I DIDN"T USE ANYTHING AND CANCELLED WHEN I GOT HOME ~6 HOURS LATER. SO they want you to pay $30 our of $100 back for the promotion. SHADY BUSINESS RIGHT THERE.

I was hustled. BUYER BEWARE. The agent's name is Sheila by the way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2011 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xtreme-Socal/Valencia-California-91355/Xtreme-Socal-DECEPTIVE-SALES-AND-LIES-Valencia-California-736151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xtreme Socal

These rebuttals are ridiculous

AUTHOR: sammiegirl - (United States of America)

All the rebuttals after my claim came on the same day weeks after I posted mine...fishy much? All of them also cannot spell correctly..either all these people who boast about how great a company Xtreme Socal is are illiterate, or it is the same person...I believe the latter...anyway, I wanted to direct those who are really interested in finding out whether Xtreme Socal is legitimate to yelp and the other people who have been ripped off there!

(((ROR redacted)))
I've had people email me asking for help because this company ripped them off!! There are reviews from past workers..one 5 star review that it got was from someone who works there...seriously you guys are shady.

im an out of state customer and....

AUTHOR: slaytanicdan666 - (United States of America)

i saw this compony got a complaint and i know any negative feedback is bogus ...i know the owners personally and i know how honest they are.

if anyone thinks different they must have went through a third party to use these services.

im am actually starting up a Florida branch off this website in partnership with the original owners because i have only seen success.

again this IS a legit website, any questions find them on facebook.

Super Stoked For Xtreme SoCal Promotions

AUTHOR: K.O. - (United States of America)

I would like to say that Xtreme SoCal is a legitimate and honest promotion company trying to offer us an opportunity in trying these really cool xtreme sports that obviously cost a whole lot of money for any person (not just college kids) to participate in.

I had a positive experience with my team member that offered me the extreme sports package. I was waiting in between classes when i was approached. She was very nice and friendly and asked me also if I'd ever go skydiving.  I said I've always thought about it.  She even asked my permission if she could show me something which it ended up being the brochure of sports. I was more interested in the skydiving aspect but she mentioned that I also had access to complimentary lessons doing scuba diving, surfing, horseback riding, paintball & airsoft, & even 2 s****.>
When I got home i was so stoked that I looked through their website and it clearly explains all of the awesome sports, locations, rental fees that you need to know. It's such an awesome package that I'm shocked they're only giving it away at $100.  They even offer a second promotion package for FREE. So to be able to do the activities twice or have the option to bring my boyfriend along far exceeds the value of $100.  More reason I find value in the company and in the promotions offered is that they make it easier for college students to be able to 1) find a friend to split the promotion package with to make it easier financially, 2) offers the website contact numbers/email addresses for any other questions/concerns & 3) the peace of mind that my card won't get charged that day as they'll charge me WITHIN a week just so I can have the money in my account.

What other company gives you all of that?? Plus all the activities are transferable & has no expiration dates.  I've done other promotions before which had expiration dates and it sucked when i come to find out that I can't redeem it because my voucher already expired.  So glad to hear that this company offers NO EXPIRATION DATES & all activities are TRANSFERABLE to any of my friends or family members!!! MORE ADDED VALUE!!!

I've done my own personal research on skydiving alone and Skydive Hollister is considered as one of the BEST places to skydive which is what's offered on Xtreme SoCal's Package. I wouldn't want to free fall with any company unless it's with the best as it's not just only a quick adrenaline rush....it is MY LIFE!!!!

My Xtreme Sales rep did mention that equipment & gear rentals weren't included but some locations didn't have any rentals fee. I just had to check the different locations to see which they were because obviously she didn't have each location memorized. When I checked out the website, she was right! There were places that charged for rental fees while others didn't.

The website is self-explanatory and I'm so glad that I was approached by someone from Xtreme SoCal for this really cool opportunity since these cool promotions aren't available online. It makes totally sense that we are walking billboards & advertisements and a marketing tool for these Xtreme Sports companies because I will definitely share my positive experiences, photos, video footage with all of my friends and I know they will end up wanting to do these activities in the future but will end up paying FULL PRICE. WHY??? Because they didn't take advantage of these promotional packages from Xtreme SoCal when they came on campus!

If I was never interested in any of the sports on the package, I would have kindly thanked the person offering me the package and be on my way.  Xtreme SoCal really isn't trying to hustle anyone or trying to convince anyone to buy anything. They are simply out there promoting these awesome Xtreme Sports to the students that want to take advantage of this limited promotion and give them the opportunity to do a once-in-a-llifetime activity.  Plain & simple.  There are people out there who wants to skydive and it's people like myself who wouldn't pass up on an awesome package like what they offer!

I'm super stoked to take advantage of all of these cool activities. Although I was only wanting to do the skydiving, I'm definitely going to take advantage of all the other sports.

Thank you Xtreme SoCal for providing this opportunity to us students. If I see you on campus again, I'm definitely getting another and will let all my friends know about  Xtreme SoCal!!!!

Can't wait to get Xtreme this summer 2011!!!

Cheers!

This company Rocks

AUTHOR: Dan Louis - (United States of America)

I could'nt believe it when I saw this report about this company I have had nothing but savings and great times with my family because of the great savings we have gotten from this coupon book /  promotion.I have two teens we used the lift tickets that by the way were anytime tickets face value of $65.00 each.My husband and I are avid sky divers and have saved over 50 % at the Santa Cruz drop zone and love the new drop zone we found.I have told my friends and family about this company and they gave all my friends two promotions for the price of one saving my friends each $50.00 after the lift ticket we are all ahead of the game by $15.00 each.How this company got on this web site is beyond me.I have been called back when ever I call with questions.The owner is very available for customers.I don't know how you could think you would give someone your credit card and then give a signature and think you are not going to be billed for something the promotion clearly has the price in bold print right on it,the contract is all of two simple and easy to read paragraphs dont you think you should read what you are agreeing to as to make sure there is no misunderstanding.The website sounds to me to have givin you as a consumer two additional days to cancel are you complaining about that to???This company ROCKS and I will continue to tell all my friends about them,knowing I am leading them to something that will not only save them money but give them great stuff to do all year.Summer/winter/spring/fall this company gives you stuff to do all year at great discounts and the value is far and above worth everything you get with this coupon book for sports.Especially if you are on a budget and still want to enjoy great stuff with your kids that wont cost an arm and a leg I recommend this to anyone with kids 16 and up.