Complaint Review: Xtreme Tint

• Submitted: Wed, October 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Mary Florida
Xtreme Tint
1183 E Altamonte Dr Altamonte Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Xtreme Tint ,A Extreme Window Tinting, Deceitful advertising, hidden pricing, poor workmanship, cash only work, lying to your face. Altamonte Springs Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I Don't Even Know Who This Customer Is - Probably a Competitor

My husband and I saw an ad on Craigslist for a window tinting special of $39.99 for two windows. I decided to take my Toyota and have the rear window done too. I called the shop and Darren told me the price would be $89 for the entire car. When I brought the car in the next day, I had to wait for almost an hour even though I had an appointment. It took Darren 3 hours to finish my car when he said it would take only one hour.

When it came time to pay he tells me he only accepts cash, so I had to walk to my bank and get cash, he never told me they do not accept credit cards. Expecting to pay only $89, he produces a bill for $139.00, saying that the darker tint and sunscreen was extra.

I immediately phoned my husband who showed up and we spent 20 minutes arguing with this RIPOFF- CON MAN. We were ready to call the police because he would not give us the keys back until we paid, when he heard us make the call, he said he would take $100. We reluctantly paid and drove off. The job was hastily done and already shows signs of peeling off.

Darren Wendroff at Xtreme 407-431-2214 needs to be put out of business for his shady and deceitful business practices.

Frednsally
Lake Mary, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Xtreme-Tint/Altamonte-Springs-Florida-32701/Xtreme-Tint-A-Extreme-Window-Tinting-Deceitful-advertising-hidden-pricing-poor-workman-383969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Xtreme Tint

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I Don't Even Know Who This Customer Is - Probably a Competitor

AUTHOR: Extreme Tint - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I've read the above "Rip Off Report" and have to say that I don't even know who this customer is. First off, 99% of the tint companies out there would charge $139 for a four door vehicle, tinted with a darker tint and a front strip, so I don't know why they would say I quoted them $89 and then charged them $50 more. Second of all, my prices are listed right in front of the shop, so again, it's impossible to say I quoted them $89 when the prices are right in front of them.

Second, any shop owner will tell you to call the police if they have the prices listed and you try and pay them less. So I would have invited that call. Also, if the job supposedly took me 3 hours (no job takes more than an hour and a half), why would the job be "hastily" done.

Finally, if the price is $39 for two windows, if you add the windows of a four door car, you get two front windows ($39), plus two rear windows ($39 + $39), plus two rear slit windows ($39 + $39 + $20), plus a back window ($39 + $39 + $20 + $39) plus a front strip and darker tint shade ($39 + $39 + $20 + $39 + $20 = $160) ... so, this is obviously a lie from someone trying to cheat an honest shop owner.

This is obviously a competitors poor attempt to bring down my business. It's okay, this is common, when poor businesses can't compete on quality, they have to try and bring you down any way they can.

If anyone would ever like to test the quality of our shop, say you read this report, and I'll give you a $20 discount on any full tint job. We're located across from Circuit City in Altamonte Springs.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I Don't Even Know Who This Customer Is - Probably a Competitor

AUTHOR: Extreme Tint - (U.S.A.)