Complaint Review: Y.B.T Vanlines Inc

• Updated: Mon, September 23, 2013

• Reported By: Danny — Port richey Florida
Y.B.T Vanlines Inc
1208 Ave M Linden, New Jersey USA

Y.B.T Vanlines Inc Tried to triple the quote after they pick up and put my items in storage Linden New Jersey

Received a quote for $874.80. We accepted. when they pickup my stuff for a storage unit in which an another moving company packed and stored in a storage place. After they loaded up their truck I was called about being charge $75.00 to pack a $14.00 Walmart bathroom mirror. I refused and ask to trash the mirror, then I got a call for a stereo cabinet that was wapped up in a blanet, they called again and wanted to remove the front glass and charge me $75.00 to wrap the glass. I told them forget it, keep it or leave it. 3rd call was about my bed headboard, stated it was e-rugular was not flat want to charge me more. My quote showed a canopy bed on it, They were hoping that I would let them keep the bed as well.

But I did not. After they move my stuff to there storage area. they send me paper work to fill out almost every line if I signed them would allowed them to increase pricing as they pleases. This should have be presented proir to pick up. Mike the manager states i had 44 items which 13 iteme were boxes. My inventory sheet from the last company show only 36 items. I ask to see there inveny sheet and a picture of the items packed. I had 3 skids and on there inventory list the first 8 lines were blank showing nothing on them, They do not respond to email. everything had to be by phone, no track record.

I kept emailing them. Mike stated this move from NJ to Fla should have been $3000.00 highest I got was $1,200.00. Them he wanted to give me a discount of $1800.00 if I would sign the papers he sent me. I demanded a Blinding contract door to door. they sent it with $1200.00 dollars. even after receiving a binding contact they still continue to up the price. we set two dates for delivery one was September 13, They never shipped it then we set a date  of sept 20 or 21. they shipped and told us 10 days delivery and that they will let us know what day. 3 days later I get a call oh we are here and should be at your home at 6 PM 5 hours notice. Then I was ask about a 53 foot trailer if it could make it down to my home.

If the truck could not they would have to rent a smaller truck to deliver. I was livet unbelievable shock stress and mad. They were to show up at 6Pm and call me changing time to 8 pm or cancel delivery to next day and pay for hotel and another day,  well i told them i am home and to deliver, would you believe they showed up at 12 midnight.  Totally nightmare this was my furniture was hell hostage and they were extorting me for more money. I have documents pictures that crazy agreement that would allow them to rise the price to what ever they wish. I can provide everything including all contact by emails. I lost a day in a half of work pay due to this company. I hope this never happens to any one else

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YBT-Vanlines-Inc/Linden-New-Jersey-07036/YBT-Vanlines-Inc-Tried-to-triple-the-quote-after-they-pick-up-and-put-my-items-in-stora-1086721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Y.B.T Vanlines Inc