Complaint Review: YELLOW US PAGES

• Submitted: Thu, October 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: IL HomeCare — Illinois
, New York USA

Sometime in June 2012 I got a call from a representative informing me that they just need to update their record with regards to our business.  Then they told me that it would be free for 2 months and that after that I have to pay $60/ month.  I told them that if there is a fee that I don't want it but they told me that it's just trial and that they are going to send me communications before the 2 months is up and that I will be asked if I still want to continue.

Nothing came in the mail and then the other day I got a call from a certain Nicky Page that she is from a collectng agency and that our bill was overdue.  And so I asked her which account?  And she said that it is from the Yellow US Pages.  So I asked her when did they send me a bill and she said that it was sent twice and that we did not respond.  So I asked her if she can fax the bill to me as I have not received anything. And faxed she did!  After reviewing it, I was surprised to see the amount of $770.00. Then it all came back to me about that phone call last June.

So I decided to call them back to figure out how it happened that I was not informed that the trial period is about to end and Nicky Page said that it's my responsibility to cancel and I even told her that I did not even see the site where our name was listed and that I did not even get the password and username that she was talking about but she was irritated and she said that I agreed to the contract and that she even made me listen to the recorded message.  When I listened to the recorded message I recognized my voice but i don't recognize answering all those questions.  It gaved me a headache at first thinking that we would be paying that bill.  Nicky even told me that if I would pay the bill that day that she is willing to take out all the interest and charges so I just have to pay $720.00.  So I ended our phone conversation and took a long walk around the neighborhood to think.  Then I was about to call a lawyer to ask for advice when I decided to google their company. Lo and behold, I read all those complaints.  So I copied all the complaints from different sites and decided to fax all of them to Nicky Page.

So far, I have not received any phone calls from her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YELLOW-US-PAGES/New-York/YELLOW-US-PAGES-SCAM-New-York-1089140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YELLOW US PAGES