Complaint Review: YELP

• Submitted: Sat, January 21, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 21, 2012

• Reported By: BAM — LF California United States of America
YELP
101 California Street 5th floor, San Francisco Internet United States of America

YELP BRUCE AT YELP Yelp Practices Fascism and Calls it their First Amendment Rights Internet, Internet

Yelp is in my opinion, about as fascist as they come. I am a business owner and consumer. I agree with the reports that they run counter to the first amendment. They have filtered positive and numerous of my reviews and claim that there is some logic or algorithm behind it. A former customer wrote libelous content about me and they won't let me talk to them about it let alone remove it.  They refuse to allow me to edit my account, and I feel that i am "locked out." I did not sign up for that.

Yelp if you read this, know that you do not help people. At best your warped methods makes competition arbitrary. The first amendment and subsequent law does not protect you because your filtering methods obstruct consumers and business owner's first amendment rights. You hold the keys to power, but frequently engage in false advertising when for example you say someone was the first to write a review, and they were not the first. In my case there were several that wrote reviews before the "first" review which remains defamatory. You don't care that this costs me and my family a lot of money. When you go down, it will be a relief becuase we don't need more viruses on the internet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2012 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YELP/internet/YELP-BRUCE-AT-YELP-Yelp-Practices-Fascism-and-Calls-it-their-First-Amendment-Rights-Intern-826375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YELP