Complaint Review: YELP

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: Frank R. — Anaheim Hills California
Internet USA

YELP Unfair Business Practices Internet

Yelp contacted me to advertise my business with them. I listened to their presentation and was interested until they told me the price. I just couldnt afford the $600, so I declined. They called me several more times, I was always respectful to the people that called and explained that the fee was too high for me and that if the had a less expensive plan I would consider trying an ad. That wasn't available so i declined to place an ad.

I didn't give it much thought until a client told me they had recently posted a review for my business on yelp. I wnt to lookat it and couldn't find it . Then I went to my business page on Yelp and saw that in the filtered file there were 11FIVE STAR reviews that were all hidden. II knew that several were showing before I declined to advertise with them, now they are all gone. Don't think it was a coincidence.

Bottom line, unfair business practiices. Now even if I could afford to advertise with them I wouldn't

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YELP/internet/YELP-Unfair-Business-Practices-Internet-1050822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YELP