Complaint Review: YMax Communications Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, August 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 06, 2008

• Reported By:Jonesborough Tennessee
YMax Communications Corporation
223 Sunset Ave Palm Beach, Florida U.S.A.

YMax Communications Corporation - MagicJack YMax Communications intercepts calls to certain area codes! Palm Beach Florida

I purchased the magicJack voip usb devise in late May 2008. What great technology! Unlimited local and long distance calling in the US and Canada (free for the first year, purchase price $46. and change including shipping) I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! However, I have had one problem after another. When I tried looking for tech support I found that the ONLY way to contact anyone I HAD to use a chat program called "LiveChat" where the operators (who use broken english, at best) go through a preplanned question/answer bunch of problem solving questions including rebooting my computer, re-downloading the magicJack, and the now infamous update and magicJack "Fix". Wow, yesterday morning I made calls to another area code fine, in the afternoon ALL calls to that area code were intercepted by YMax Communications with the message "you have reached the YMax Communications test call, this call was sucessful", what the heck is that all about? I went through the "CHAT" again and after being passed of to "a higher level of support" went through all the rebooting, redownloading, magic "FIX" and finally advised "please try again later!" Well today I tried making calls to the same area code and was intercepted AGAIN! Don't believe the BUGS are worked out, but Dan Borislow, Founder is making a pile of $$$ with the devise. All I wish they would do is live up to their claims! Unlimited US and Canada calls would be nice, however I can't call friends OR family in the area code I wish. By the way, nobody has any explanation, I have a 615 area code in Tennessee, all I wish to do is call the NEXT state of Virginia (757 area code) that I have been calling since May 2008. What will they think of NEXT????
As they say, buyer beware. If enough consumers have legitimate complaints, perhaps Donald Burns, CEO and Chairman will get it in gear and FIX MY magicJack! PLEASE??

Rev. Don
Jonesborough, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2008 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YMax-Communications-Corporation/Palm-Beach-Florida/YMax-Communications-Corporation-MagicJack-YMax-Communications-intercepts-calls-to-certai-359757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YMax Communications Corporation