Complaint Review: YP

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: Archie — Buena Park California
Internet USA

YP yellow pages yp.com at&t Yp.com is a complete rip off, lies. failed service, misrepresentation Internet

I was contacted by the YP representative, and went through what they were offering. We had a slow down in the company ( a plumbing company) so I listened. I was Sold a pay as you go item. It was explained to me like this:
1. They would create and add for my approval.
2. it would use their number so that they could track the calls and collect numbers
3. there would be a website that I could retrieve the numbers if we missed the calls
4. that in bound call would announce that it was from yp
5. that I would not have to pay from sales calls, only customers
6. that any call that wasn't a customer I could dispute. just make a list
7. that a percentage of the calls would automatically be removed

The day the sales guy came to show me the ads they were completely wrong. I told him they were, and I was told that I need to sign for the size of the add and that they would make all changes I need. (I still have a copy of the email I sent them) no changes where ever issued. they published the ads with our company doing work we never do, in places we don't serve, doing things we aren't even lic. to do.

The person that sold the ads never returned calls, I was finally told that I would get a call from a supervisor.. no call ever came.

about a month later I noticed I was getting a lot of calls from a 415-???-5555 number but I was unable to answer them. I called it back and found that it was a forwarding number for yp.  I called them and went to this website. The website was down, seem like it was always having problems. if it was up you couldn't log into your account, or if you did you couldn't see numbers or anything else of use.  when called they were nice and after several call agreed to test the lines. 9 calls where made to test the lines.. they decided it was working even though I only was able to answer 2 of those calls, and then billed me for the test calls.

After complaining about that they finally took those calls off my bill.  but then presented me with a bill for several calls (65-85 per call)  of which I had received none. I called for the account supervisor again, still no answer, even the customer care could not get my account person or his supervisor on the phone.

During the next month two calls made it through the forwarding process, ( from the number they called, to the yp forwarding, to our voip, to our mobile phones) one looking for a roofer (we are plumbing) and one asking for a different company that had this number last year.

I was told that if I cancelled or refused to pay the number would be forwarded to some one else. I called and told them I was blocking the call. that I was not interested in this mess anymore. that they should forward the calls to another company..

its now some time later they still call and try and collect  2800 that they think I owe.

My Company never received a single customer, never received a call back from the supervisor, never gave final approval (which they now say is not required) I never got ANY value, The phone never said who was calling, I was never able to get the called numbers from their system or anyplace else.

COMPLETE LIES, Mutual Consideration is still a requirement. promises made from their side broken everywhere.. from the first " I will be here to walk you through everything" to the cancelling of the contracts..

Now they have their lawyers calling. Take me to court

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YP-/internet/YP-yellow-pages-ypcom-atampt-Ypcom-is-a-complete-rip-off-lies-failed-service-misre-1172378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YP