Complaint Review: YP Advertising Solutions

• Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: lpyr — Astoria Oregon United States of America
YP Advertising Solutions
611 N Brand Blvd, 5th Floor Glendale, California United States of America

YP Advertising Solutions YP.com, YP formerly AT&T Advertising Solutions We went out of business and YP will not let us out of the so called contract Glendale, California

We started a business back in September 2012 and advertised online at YP.com for free. We then were called about further advertisement which would cost us. We decided to do it thinking it would help us. Due to un-forseen circumstances we went out of business in December 2012. I called in December to cancel our account was told to email the sales person that set up the account for us. I did so and have not heard back. I also sent a written request directly to YP. Today February 4, 2013 I received another bill so I called again asking to have this canceled. I was told (for the first time) we are in a 12 month contract and there is no early cancellation. So we are going to end up paying (if I pay) for a years worth of advertising we don't need for a business we no longer have. I cannot believe a company would enforce this contract in circumstances such as this as businesses close up all the time. I will never ever advertise with YP again. Frustrated, angry and not getting anywhere with them. Moral of this story: advertise local and not online with a company you don't know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YP-Advertising-Solutions/Glendale-California-91203/YP-Advertising-Solutions-YPcom-YP-formerly-ATT-Advertising-Solutions-We-went-out-of-bus-1008651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YP Advertising Solutions