- Report: #1060650
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: YRC Freight
YRC Freight Constantly Losing Pallets & Damaging Shipments Internet Nationwide
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I work for a national distributor company that ships over 30 large pallets of merchandise a day. I don't have control over who we use for shipping, but ever since we switched over to YRC just to save a few bucks we have been met with constant errors that ended up costing us more money that we thought we would save.
These stastics are valid per our data.
18% of orders arrive on time
58% of orders are one day late
20% of orders are two days late
4% of orders are three days or more late
0.72% of orders are LOST IN TRANSIT. How do you lose a 600 pound pallet?
12.67% of ordes arrived with some form of DAMAGE. Normally the damage is from them double stacking our material when they are not supposed to, or them running into the pallet with a fork lift and ripping through the merchandise. We have to reship material all the time.
We are in the process of getting better rates with a more reliable freight company now. I hate YRC with a passion. I have doubled my workload just dealing with customer complains and freight issues.
Here are the types of issues we deal with on a Day to Day basis.
- Lost pallets
- Damaged pallets
- Being charged lift-gate fees that we didn't approve
- Being charged redelivery fees when they didn't call the customer to schedule the delivery.
- Being charged re-weight fees when we have a commercial scale that measures it perfectly the first time.
- Off loading shipments to a 3rd party and this generally increases the lead time by 3+ days and angers the customers
- Customer not being called to schedule delivery because YRC claims they don't have a phone number. We end pulling our BOL and see the phone # in clear view.
YRC has killed our reputation as being a reliable company to order from because of all the issues we have received from them.
Just search the internet for YRC Reviews and you can find many people saying the EXACT same thing I say here.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YRC-Freight/nationwide/YRC-Freight-Constantly-Losing-Pallets-Damaging-Shipments-Internet-Nationwide-1060650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.