Complaint Review: Yacht Path International

• Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: Rebecca — Idaho
Yacht Path International
2401 PGA Boulevard, Suite 155 Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA

Yacht Path International Yacht Path Gets What It Deserves, Finally! Palm Beach Gardens Florida

In 2008 we booked and contracted with Yacht Path Interntational to transport our 80' power boat from La Paz, Mexico to Victoria, British Columbia.

We filled out very specific forms as to our gross and net tonnage, beam, etc.  We were asked to pay in full.  Then we waited for the ship to arrive in La Paz on the approximate date given.  During this time Yacht Path was available for updates and questions.

A few days before the ship arrived in La Paz, all communication with us stopped.  This was not the case with the other yacht owners who had booked their boats on the ship.  They were given dates and times to have their boat ready for loading.

I called Yacht Path to ask why I hadn't heard from them.  They would not talk to me.  They said the crane was broken and they had been instructed not to speak to me and I needed to speak to Dennis Cummings who would call me right away.  Of course, Dennis did not call.  Meanwhile, the other customers had an orientation meeting with Yacht Path reps to explain the loading procedure, etc.  I found out about this meeting after the fact.

I continued to try to contact Dennis Cummings.  It wasn't until we involved our lawyer that we finally heard from Kevin Cummings.  We were told several different stories as to why they could not take us on the ship, but the one thing they kept saying was we were too heavy for the crane (which was not broken) eventhough they had all that information 3 months before.  They insisted we get weighed on the only travellift in La Paz that would take us eventhough they were well underrated for our tonnage.  It was extremely stressful and our boat was damaged in the process.

The Yacht Path representatives were rude, condescending, and completely unsympathetic.  Meanwhile the ship was loaded and ready to leave port.

We had to take our boat north ourselves at least 1 month later than is recommended to  avoid the weather.  Our experience with Yacht Path was terrible, but it wasn't over because we then had the battle to get back our promised full refund.  Yacht Path made it very difficult for our lawyer, not returning calls, going back on promises etc.

I was very happy to hear Yacht Path International is in receivership, but unfortunately they left a lot of victims behind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yacht-Path-International/Palm-Beach-Gardens-Florida-33410/Yacht-Path-International-Yacht-Path-Gets-What-It-Deserves-Finally-Palm-Beach-Gardens-F-1048852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yacht Path International