Complaint Review: Yahoo! Jobs, Blast Careers, Career Network, Inc

• Submitted: Thu, October 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Ellabell Georgia
Yahoo! Jobs, Blast Careers, Career Network, Inc
P.O. Box 618305 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Yahoo! Jobs, Blast Careers, Career Network, Inc Preying On People Just Trying to Make a Legitimate Living Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: happened to me too...right down the road from you

I found this advertisement through a local newspaper job listings. The paper sent me to the Yahoo website.

I read the job description and thought: "Eureka! just the job I have been looking for!!" I have all the proper qualifications, more than enough experience.

I hit "Apply Now". I guess that is when the little voice kicked in: why does an employment agency want to know if I want to further my education; I chose the "NO" button and continued. Oh, look! now they want to know if I want to "repair my credit". OK, I guess someone has to pay for the website. Choose "NO" again.

I finally got to the application. Lucky for me they did not ask for my SS# (which I would not have given anyway!). But now they have my Date of birth, my employment history for the last 15 years, my resume, etc.

The following day I got a letter from this supposed company asking for "A minimum of 4, preferrably 5, personal and professional references to include valid e-mail addresses and phone numbers. Being the avid job seeker I provided them. Thank goodness I did not give out home numbers on any of my friends or business references.

I only wish I had listened to "the little voice" sooner. I did try to look up the employment company but it just kept sendng me to unrelated sights. I dropped the ball and am embarrased to admit it but hopefully others will be warned by my experience.

CHECK IT OUT FIRST!!! If you don't find a phone number or fax number and/or a valid e-mail address don't waste your time. I only hope they don't have anything that can cause me financial or reputation harm. Only time will tell.

I have spent 3 days waiting in vain for further information on my "dream job" and found out quite by accident about this website and that the company is a fake to get e-mail addresses on my personal contacts.

Cricket
Ellabell, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yahoo-Jobs-Blast-Careers-Career-Network-Inc/Orlando-Florida-32861-8305/Yahoo-Jobs-Blast-Careers-Career-Network-Inc-Preying-On-People-Just-Trying-to-Make-a-Le-378015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yahoo! Jobs, Blast Careers, Career Network, Inc

AUTHOR: Jp81 - (U.S.A.)

I fell for this garbage as well. Most of the time now I'm seeing this company posting jobs on craigslist, but they post on yahoo jobs(the place we're sent when looking for jobs on the Savannah paper's website), and I think Monster.com as well. I've started flagging them every time I see a job posting with some type of link to Career Network or any of their "other" names like blast careers or popupcareers, etc etc etc. It's ridiculous and frustrating to have to weed through garbage like this to find a legitimate job posting, especially with how the job market is right now!! Now that I've found this site and all the reports from all over the country about Career Network, when I look on craigslist I pretty much assume 90% of the jobs are false ads...and if they don't list a company name, that's a big giveaway. Most of their ads are worded similarly....but of course, hindsight is 20/20, and I wish I knew then what I know now! Savannah most definitely doesn't have THAT many openings for Administrative Assistants and Receptionists...