I had DSL from Sbc/At&t. Also had a .Sbcglobal.net address too. I fired the phone company due to my phone and Dsl only worked if all 3 conditions were met. (1) Not windy, (2) hasn't rained/snowed in 2 previous days, And (3), it was above 32 degrees. In Ohio, that's hard to meet in the winter.
To the point. After about 3 months past firing the phone company and moving to Cable, My yahoo music engine suddenly says "unexpected error at sign in". Now, I go checking and find out I need to bump my Email from a .sbcglobal.net to a yahoo.com address. No problem. Emails went right over to the new one. I tried to re-sign in to YME and I only get 30 second samples. Old address still crashes and new one offers 30 second samples. I went and checked their message boards and from what others were posting, I am out of luck.
They (yahoo) are aware of the problem but have no one there is knowledgeable enough to fix the shareware. A quote from the board "We broke it, just sit and wait". Wrote tech no-help and got nothing. Good thing I kept it short. I knew nothing would happen so I am warning others here.
I basically paid around $70 for an annual subscription and got 3 months use at most out of it. Prorated refunds are a rumor I'm sure of.
Here's the point, If you are firing At&t/SBC or who ever it is now. Make sure you are at the end of your term with Yahoo music with a guarantee they will not automatically renew your term. If not, You donated the remainder of your service. Nothing in the TOS about this. Just a software problem there that turns your ratings, preferences and music into vapor ware. Poof, it's gone.
Let me know when they fix this glitch...