Complaint Review: Yahoo Music Engine SBC AT&T

• Submitted: Sat, May 26, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 26, 2007

• Reported By:Carlisle Ohio
Yahoo Music Engine SBC AT&T
701 First Ave Sunnyvale, California U.S.A.

Yahoo Music Engine SBC AT&T Unexpected error on sign in. Previously fired AT&T. Had a Sbcglobal.net email Sunnyvale California

I had DSL from Sbc/At&t. Also had a .Sbcglobal.net address too. I fired the phone company due to my phone and Dsl only worked if all 3 conditions were met. (1) Not windy, (2) hasn't rained/snowed in 2 previous days, And (3), it was above 32 degrees. In Ohio, that's hard to meet in the winter.

To the point. After about 3 months past firing the phone company and moving to Cable, My yahoo music engine suddenly says "unexpected error at sign in". Now, I go checking and find out I need to bump my Email from a .sbcglobal.net to a yahoo.com address. No problem. Emails went right over to the new one. I tried to re-sign in to YME and I only get 30 second samples. Old address still crashes and new one offers 30 second samples. I went and checked their message boards and from what others were posting, I am out of luck.

They (yahoo) are aware of the problem but have no one there is knowledgeable enough to fix the shareware. A quote from the board "We broke it, just sit and wait". Wrote tech no-help and got nothing. Good thing I kept it short. I knew nothing would happen so I am warning others here.

I basically paid around $70 for an annual subscription and got 3 months use at most out of it. Prorated refunds are a rumor I'm sure of.

Here's the point, If you are firing At&t/SBC or who ever it is now. Make sure you are at the end of your term with Yahoo music with a guarantee they will not automatically renew your term. If not, You donated the remainder of your service. Nothing in the TOS about this. Just a software problem there that turns your ratings, preferences and music into vapor ware. Poof, it's gone.

Let me know when they fix this glitch...

Chris
Carlisle, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2007 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yahoo-Music-Engine-SBC-ATT/Sunnyvale-California-94089/Yahoo-Music-Engine-SBC-ATT-Unexpected-error-on-sign-in-Previously-fired-ATT-Had-a-Sb-250612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yahoo Music Engine SBC AT&T