Complaint Review: Yahoo!

• Submitted: Wed, June 26, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Internet
701 First Avenue Sunnyvale, California USA

Yahoo! AKA Yahoo! Answers will not purge public account information, no technical support, locked out of account, Sunnyvale California

I regret using Yahoo! services, especially "Yahoo! Answers" http://answers.yahoo.com/ I thought it was an acceptable place to ask for advice, and more importantly it is a place to give advice to help others and also in exchange for earning points and awards. (Internet-based only)

I no longer wish to use "Yahoo! Answers" and I set my "Yahoo! Answers" profile to private, and changed my name to "DELETE THIS ACCOUNT".

I found information that only "Yahoo! Answers" accounts can be deleted by deleting the entire account.

I have deleted my entire Yahoo! account.

Yesterday I found one of my answers in a Google search result.

I noticed that changing my "Yahoo! Answers" name to "DELETE THIS ACCOUNT" only worked PARTIALLY. This means MY FORMER "Yahoo! Answers" ONLINE NAME IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE.

There is nothing else that I can do except:

1. Post a consumer alert on Ripoff Report.

2. Seek expensive legal action and notify Yahoo!, Inc. legal department.

Yahoo, Inc. does not need to keep people's information. I have no access to this information and there is no technical support.

Be careful which websites you join. NEVER JOIN A WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN'T LEAVE. It is like being part of an Internet-based Mob.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yahoo/Sunnyvale-California-94089-0703/Yahoo-AKA-Yahoo-Answers-will-not-purge-public-account-information-no-technical-support-1062153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yahoo!