- Report: #164263
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Yamaha Motor Corporation - METRO MOTORSPORTS
Yamaha Motor Corporation - METRO MOTORSPORTS6555 Katella Ave Cypress, California U.S.A.
Yamaha Motor Corporation - METRO MOTORSPORTS ATV ripoff Cypress California
Yamaha Motor Corporation
6555 Katella Ave.
Dear Mr. Medina,
Concerning our 2003 Yamaha Blaster's repair. I noticed the disclaimer "One time repair" (see attached). This is unacceptable. I paid for an extended warranty and expect Yamaha to hold up their end of it.
I can understand why Yamaha would try cheat their customers due to the fact they sell such an inferior product (and I let everyone know it)! This unit still does not run correctly. It constantly stalls and will not re-start.
I have since purchased a Suzuki and now can enjoy our trips. The Yamaha sits in storage and is considered a total loss. However, if I decide to try to use it again and it fails again (as I am sure it will), I will expect Yamaha to honor their contract.
6161 W BELL RD.
GLENDALE, AZ 85308
TO DATE, THIS UNIT HAS ONLY 50 (AT LEAST 8 HOURS FOR REPAIRS AND ADJUSTING) HOURS OF RUN TIME (APPROX 700 MILES).
YAMAHA STATES 3 HOURS OF ROAD TEST TIME IN RESPONSE LETTER, DEALER STATES IF NO PROBLEM FOUND. I WILL NEED TO PAY 3 HOURS LABOR.
I REMOVED THE FUEL TANK AND FOUND A STUCK RELIEF VAVLE. REPAIR COMPLETED.
AUG-SEP 2004 CATASTROPHIC ENGINE FAILURE. UNIT IN FOR REPAIR OVER ONE MONTH. YAMAHA STATED THEY WOULD NOT REPAIR UNIT UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY. AFTER COMPLAINTS, THEY STATED THEY WOULD PERFORM A ONE TIME REPAIR, ALTHOUGH I HAVE PAID FOR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.
UNIT IS ON IT'S WAY BACK TO DEALER (9/27/04) OVERHAULED ENGINE WILL NOT START. THIS UNIT REQUIRES SOME TYPE OF REPAIR OR ADJUSTMENT 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES THE ENGINE IS RUN.
The following outlines safety and reliability issues we have had to address:
1. No start on the first day of operation. The weekend was canceled and the unit returned to the dealer. The dealer stated Yamaha had installed the wrong jets and proceeded to "attempt" to sell me a performance pipe. I declined the proposal. The unit is still hard to start at times.
2. The parking brake would not hold the vehicle. The dealer corrected this at no charge.
3. The front right shock absorber failed to de-compress while unit was being ridden by my daughter causing loss of control. The dealer replaced the shock and recommended that I replace both front shocks with an aftermarket type as the factory shocks are of a very poor design.
4. The right rear axle came loose at the spine connection. The dealer tightened the axle at no charge. There may be possible spine damage.
5. Left rear axle lock nut came off while riding. I noticed it and re-tightened the lock nut.
6. The frame makes creaking and popping noise under seat area. This may also be the rear shock spring. The dealer states no problem found.
7. The transmission has a small oil leak. Dealer ordered a part.
NOTE: The unit is not operational at this point.
8. Two cycle oil leaked into transmission case causing clutch damage.
9. While my daughter was riding, fuel started shooting out of the fuel tank onto the exhaust pipe causing a fire. I exhausted the fire with an extinguisher and towed the unit back.
10. Aug-Sep 2004 catastrophic engine failure. Unit in for repair over one month.
TOTAL HOURS: 48
ALSO POSTED AT: (link deleted - see below)
Sun City, Arizona
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2005 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yamaha-Motor-Corporation-METRO-MOTORSPORTS/Cypress-California-90630/Yamaha-Motor-Corporation-METRO-MOTORSPORTS-ATV-ripoff-Cypress-California-164263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)