Complaint Review: Yardsellr

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: Dragun — Woodland Park Colorado United States of America

Yardsellr Seller fails to provide item, marks shipped, Yardsellr tells me to go away, refunds a tiny bit of amt. paid. Internet

On 11/15/12, I chose a gift for a friend who lives in another state from a Yardsellr.com seller. I received an email from the seller on 11/20 saying that the item had scratches on it they found when preparing to ship.

They advised that they would re-order the item and as it was only November, I wasn't too concerned, however, they DID mark the item as shipped with Yardsellr, enabling them to get my money even though I didn't have the item. I wrote Yardsellr, who, at the time, basically told me to deal with the seller.

So I did. I wrote them again and asked why it was they had marked the item shipped when they weren't sending it for several more days. They responded with ignoring that question and reassuring me that they strive for 100% customer satisfaction. The seller advised that the item would be shipped out by December 3, 2012 at the latest.

On that day, I wrote the seller, who advised me that no, they didn't have the item. They also told me they had other items for sale. I responded letting them know I was finished with the transaction and would like a full refund. After another email exchange, the seller advised they would be contacting Yardsellr to refund my payment.

The price of the item was $13.50. I used $2.14 in Photons, Yardsellr's little coupon currency, so my total payment came to $11.36. Today, 12/5, I received a message from Yardsellr saying they had refunded the $2.14 in Photons and had refunded the $4.25 I spent!

They also apologized for "mis-communication" and advised that the seller is no longer active on Yardsellr.
So where's the rest of my money? Would this be theft or fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yardsellr/internet/Yardsellr-Seller-fails-to-provide-item-marks-shipped-Yardsellr-tells-me-to-go-away-ref-978353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yardsellr