Complaint Review: Yazoo Valley Electric

• Submitted: Mon, April 08, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Hope1983 — Bentonia Mississippi
Yazoo Valley Electric
2255 Gordon ave, Yazoo City Mississippi Yazoo City, Select State/Province United States of America

Yazoo Valley Electric Yazoo valley electric scam Yazoo City,

I have reason to believe that Yazoo valley electric has been ripping me off. For the first 2 years that I lived in my house my electric bill was never over $60.00 a month.

We thought that it was possibly a bad meter & Yazoo Valley electric was notified By us but still they did not come out to check it. In December of 2012 is when they Finally got around to changing out the meter.

The meter man told us that he could tell that it had not been tampered with therefore We weren't reliable for any of it and that they had the same issue with the meter that Was in there prior to this.

I talked with a lady from the light company that very same day & she told me the samething That they were aware of the fact that the meter was faulty but not tampered with. It wasn't anything we did wrong.

Also,I wasn't recieving a monthly bill either and this too was braught to their attention On more than one occasion. And they always gave me the same reply They have my correct mailing address in the system so there was no reason For me not to be getting a bill.

I have been calling the office every month to find out the balance of my current bill Thats the only way I have of finding out what I owe every month. Other than still not receiving a bill January & February seemed normal & back on track.

When March came all of a sudden my bill shot to $520.00. I was told that they would Work with me on this bill and that as long as it was paid in full by March 19th 2012 I was in no danger of being disconnected.

I made a payment of $125.00 on the 22nd of February. From what I gather this payment Was going towards the $520.00 that was for March. I had already made other arrangements For the remaining balance on or before the March 19th deadline.

They turned my lights off around March 8th I still had a week and a half Before the deadline. They said they had no records of me ever calling & no records showing that I was given Til March 19th.

$233.00 was paid the next day on that bill so that they would turn my lights back on. The following week the rest of it was paid in the amount of $180.00. After that as far as I knew Everything was current again. 2 weeks later I called up there again checking on the next bill That should've been coming out.

The next bill which is due by April 22nd 2012 is $306.00. They also told me that I had a previous balance of $374.00 & if it wasn't paid by that following Monday I was getting disconnected again. I was unaware of this And like I said before I haven't been recieving a monthly bill.

I wanted to know which Month was it from but all they keep telling me is it's just a previous balance. I didn't have $374.00 at that time to give them but I did pay $150.00 towards it. That wasn't good enough And since I was struggling to pay the remaining balance they disconnected my lights again.

Unless I had all their money they didn't want to hear what I had to say. They were extremely rude and to me that was uncalled for. I've been putting out alot of money on electricity Here in the past month or so & I deserved to be heard.

Now I'm home with my 3 children sn a dark house. My 3 yr old has asthma and takes breathing treatment Which requires power in order for me to give the treatments. We are all miserable & uncomfortable & none of this seems right or fair to me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 10:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yazoo-Valley-Electric/Yazoo-City-Select-StateProvince-/Yazoo-Valley-Electric-Yazoo-valley-electric-scam-Yazoo-City-1041804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yazoo Valley Electric