Complaint Review: Yellow Book

• Updated: Mon, September 07, 2009

• Reported By: Will — San Diego California USA
Yellow Book
6300 C street SW Cedar Rapids, Iowa United States of America

Yellow Book misrepresenting my business by printing unauthorized ad copy Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I entered into an agreement with yellowbook USA to advertise my business here in San Diego. I supplied the yellowbook USA representative with print ready ad copy, which accurately described my company's services and it's branding, it was reviewed by yellowbook USA months before it was to go to print and approved. Upon publication, the ad yellowbook USA printed was completely different ad copy from what I had approved and submitted. yellowbook USA had listed services I do not provide, and advertised the wrong wed site.

After contacting my yellowbook USA representative, she confirmed the mistake was yellowbook USA' and that their ad dept. (yellowbook USA), had indeed printed the wrong ad copy, and that they (yellowbook USA),would look into it.
After a few more payments, yellowbook USA decided to "discount" their false advertising of my company by an unacceptable amount, (20%), as the yellowbook USA ad was now was completely useless to my company in it's current form, my only option was to obtain a new web address, design a new web site and change my branding, to make the yellowbook USA, 1/3 page ad of any value at all.

After paying thousands of dollars to yellowbook USA to print my ad, and thousands of dollars to design and establish a new web site, while trying to remedy the "discrepancy", with yellowbook USA, the issued and monitored yellowbook USA phone number that yellowbook USA printed in their yellowbook USA phone book is now non functional, It is my assumption this is due to not being able to come to a "mutually satisfactory agreement" with yellowbook USA.

I entered into a good faith agreement with yellowbook USA to accurately represent and advertise my company, and they have violated that agreement. I am now out thousands of dollars already spent to yellowbook USA and thousands in potential income by trusting yellowbook USA, to accurately advertise and represent my company with an ad that should have been properly managed  and placed by yellowbook USA.

I am now receiving collection calls from yellowbook USA, and I am sorry I ever did business with yellowbook USA..buyer beware of yellowbook USA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2009 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Book/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-52406/Yellow-Book-misrepresenting-my-business-by-printing-unauthorized-ad-copy-Cedar-Rapids-Io-491297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Book