Complaint Review: Yellow Cab Houston

• Submitted: Sat, April 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Yellow Cab Houston
1406 Hays Street Houston, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 713-2311111
  • Web:
  • Category: Taxi Cabs

Yellow Cab Houston Imprisoned Me In The Back Of A Locked Cab Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Simple solution to avoid taxi problems

*Consumer Comment: You should have called the police

On Saturday Apr 12 at approx 9:00 a.m. I was in the back of Yellow cab # 56. It was a $15.00 fare. Upon arrival to my destination, I pull out my Visa card to pay. The cab driver first tells me that he does not accept credit cards. I say sir, there's stickers on your window that says you do. So then he says well the machine is broken. I say well sir, how come you don't tell customers that when they first get in the cab? So, he tells me to "go find an atm". I say sir, this is a C.C., not a debit card and I am trying to pay you. He begins to get VERY irrate and says im wasting his time and that he "has all day" to wait. I need to go with him to a gas station and buy him $15.00 in gas then. I say sir, Im late for work, and Im trying to pay you, but you say you dont take cards. I called yellow cab during this time, and Yellow's management said he should not be out taking fares and for him to call yellow. He says I don't have to call F***ing yellow, I'm independent, and I want my money. I go to open the back doors to the cab to get out, and they are Jimmied shut so that you can not open them from the inside when they are locked. I am essentially TRAPPED in the back of the cab. The cab driver LAUGHS at my attempts to open the doors to the cab and says if I find a way out, he's calling the police. So, there I am, trapped in the back of a Yellow Cab. Finally, after 30 minutes, I submit to it and have him take me to the gas station and I was forced to buy $15.00 worth of gas and WALK back to my job, some 1/2 mile away. Angry, Embarrassed (3 of my co-workers witnessed me in the back of the cab, one came to the window and tried to open the door for me, but since it was locked, couldn't.) I was held, against my will, in the back of Cab 56, on Sat Apr 12 at roughly 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. I will be filing a police report on this incident and would appreciate some legal feedback. Thank you.

Nosreme
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2008 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Cab-Houston/Houston-Texas-77096/Yellow-Cab-Houston-Imprisoned-Me-In-The-Back-Of-A-Locked-Cab-Houston-Texas-325545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Cab Houston

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Simple solution to avoid taxi problems

AUTHOR: Johnson - (United States of America)

Whenever you decide to ride in a taxi, bring cash. Taxi drivers want cash. If you do not have cash, do not ride in a taxi. The credit card machines work 10% of the time, but it is a real hassle. Bring cash or plan to catch some form of flak from the driver. In this case, the child locks kept the customer comfortable until the fare was paid. If the customer had left the cab, then they could have been reported for theft of services. TAXI=CASH. Cash Cab. Cash Only. Taxi. Read these words a few times.