Complaint Review: Yellow Cab

• Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By: Nat — Seattle Washington United States of America
Yellow Cab
74 S Hudson St. Seattle, Washington United States of America

Yellow Cab Yellow Cab of Seattle Rude, Unreliable, Unaccountable Customer Service Seattle, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Maybe i can help?

I've been using Seattle Yellow Cab service for a long time every 2-3 weeks. After series of events over the past couple of months, I will never use them again.

1. They supposedly have your address in the system, once you call a cab to pick you up from home. On three separate occasions, dispatcher verified my address... and sent the cab to the wrong one. Last week it cost me being late for an airplane.

2. Dispatchers are extremely rude. (Not all of them - but I guess I was just "lucky" to get a rude one every other time I call).

Last time I called to verify that they are sending a DIFFERENT cab, after sending the original one to the wrong address - the dispatcher called me "smartmouth" and hung up on me! The cabbie (the original one, who did show up late, after all), told me that the dispatcher cancelled my order after that. Just to re-iterate the situation: I called ahead of time to order a cab for the airport, got a call from cabbie who was in a completely different part of town, at the wrong address; I called the dispatcher to address their error; got hung up on and a dispatcher with an attitude; and got my order cancelled without replacement. I was lucky that the original cabbie called me again. This service is horrible. Dispatchers have no accountability.

They flat-out do not care whether you get your cab or not. Word of warning - use someone else. I know I will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2010 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Cab/Seattle-Washington-98134/Yellow-Cab-Yellow-Cab-of-Seattle-Rude-Unreliable-Unaccountable-Customer-Service-Seattle-662384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Cab

Maybe i can help?

AUTHOR: consumer911 - (United States of America)

Seattle Yellow Cab service is mostly independently owned, so the drivers are their "own" bosses. So that's why they can be rude and not be afraid of a head supervisor or write ups.

I know a great individual who had been a cab driver for the airport, yellow cab, and other cab companies for over 18 years. Recently though, he has switched to his own limo/lincoln town car service due to more daytime hours he can work and spend time with his family more.

His phone # is (((Redacted))). Very Reliable. I forgot his name but I assure you, he is a very friendly and kind hearted man.