Complaint Review: Yellow-Pages-USA.com

• Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: Mary — Phoenix Arizona USA
Yellow-Pages-USA.com
225 Franklin Street, 26th floor Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Yellow-Pages-USA.com Sent us an invoice for free updates for this web site Boston, Massachusetts

On July 23rd I received a fax at work. It was a 1 page document that appeared to be a yellow page update for our listing. Our business information was already partially filled in on the document. In order to be efficient I filled it out while standing at the fax machine and sent it back to the number provided. I never gave this another thought. Three weeks later we received a bill from "Yellow-Page-USA.com" in the amount of $1,188.00.

We contacted the company "Open Business Directory Ltd" and asked what the bill was pertaining to. They explained that a contract was signed and services were rendered. We asked for the contract to be sent to us so that we could see it. The contract in question was the partially filled out form that I had received in July. I myself am not authorized to sign anything on behalf of the company, nor to speak on its behalf or authorize any new contracts and I am the one that mistakenly signed this contract.  There was never any account number provided to me; not a single inquiry from the time this form was filled out and sent, to the time of billing. I am 100% positive that this is a scam. I have never heard of a business providing a service to ANYONE without first receiving some sort of payment or formal legal documents. Our company has not provided these people with any kind of compensation nor do they intend to. This company models its paperwork so that they appear to be a business that most people are familiar with (The Yellow Pages). Our company did not pursue any kind of business with Open Business Directory at any point; we have become the victim of a scam that is obviously rampant throughout the United States and Canada. There are over 700 complaints filed with the BBB and all of them are nearly identical situations to ours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Pages-USAcom/Boston-Massachusetts-02110/Yellow-Pages-USAcom-Sent-us-an-invoice-for-free-updates-for-this-web-site-Boston-Massac-975398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow-Pages-USA.com