Complaint Review: Yellow Pages United - United Directories - Allied Telephone Directories

• Submitted: Sun, November 06, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 06, 2005

• Reported By:Great Falls Montana
Yellow Pages United - United Directories - Allied Telephone Directories
yp.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Yellow Pages United - United Directories - Allied Telephone Directories $296.00 Ripoff for a non existent non searchable yellow page listing Internet

I paid $296.00 in July, 2005 for what I thought was for a September,2005 yellow page listing. I was then billed $297.00 again for a January 2006 listing. I requested a refund of my money after learning that my listing was not searchable and the directory is non-existent. As for locating the company on the internet, that is not possible because my Internet browser was high-jacked by CoolWebSearch or some other spyware company. I have put what I remember the websites was at that time yp.com.

Google search for a yellow page company called Yellow Pages United, United Directories, Inc, Allied Telephone Directories, Global Directories turns up nothing. Yet I have correspondence from these companies to purchase more listings.

Invoice date Jul-20-2005 from Yellow Pages United includes
P.O. Box 95450, Atlanta, Georgia 30347-0450
Federal Tax ID: 59-3645405
Customer Service Number: 904-247-1759
Fax Number: 800-636-9924

For all I know, these phone numbers, box numbers, IDs are now (November 5, 2005) all bogus. I have filed BBB reports in Georgia, Florida, Texas.

When contacted by BBB of Northeast Florida, Global Telephone Directories claims to not be affiliated by Allied Telephone Directories. That may or not be possible. I wrote a check to Yellow Pages United and it is a truly phantom company that can take money and misrepresent itself.

There is no apparent way to locate the company that cashed my check.

Tom
Great Falls, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2005 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Pages-United-United-Directories-Allied-Telephone-Directories/Atlanta-Georgia-30347-0450/Yellow-Pages-United-United-Directories-Allied-Telephone-Directories-29600-Ripoff-for-163539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Pages United - United Directories - Allied Telephone Directories