Complaint Review: Yellow Pages United

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:Yakima Washington
Yellow Pages United
PO Box 53251 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Yellow Pages United Don't let their fingers do the walking for you!! Jacksonville Florida

*Author of original report: Imagine that, their fax number doesn't work

We were new business in March of 2006 when I, as a new business manager fell prey to the dreaded Yellow Pages phone solicitation. It has been so long ago, that I do not recall if they faxed me their authorization form, or if it came in the mail. Unfortunately I signed it. I paid the initial $296.00 for one year, and have been receiving bills for subsequent years ever since, even though I have never signed a renewal.

My current billing notice from them is $888.00. Given that I prepaid the 2007 year, (and it clearly states on the copy of my initial authorization that I was paying for the 2007 listing) I fail to see, even if I had agreed to subsequent years of advertising, how they could be charging me for three additional years of advertising. It makes no sense. Not only that, but c'mon. How many legit companies will keep publishing your business in it's directories if you are THREE years behind in your payments.

What makes this even more ridiculous is I still and regularly get phone solicitations from this company.

Do NOT fall prey to advertising with this fraudulent directory. They will make it sound like they are THE legitamate Yellow Pages directory, and even have managed somehow, to print the familiar "walking fingers" on their logo.

READ ALL THE FINE PRINT and don't be a dumb dumb like me. I am willing to pay the first year that I signed for, as punishment for my ignorance but they will not get another dime out of me for something I have not agreed to.

Berts pub
Yakima, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Pages-United/Jacksonville-Florida-32240-0038/Yellow-Pages-United-Dont-let-their-fingers-do-the-walking-for-you-Jacksonville-Florida-425762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Pages United

Imagine that, their fax number doesn't work

AUTHOR: Berts pub - (U.S.A.)

I just tried to fax them a refusal to pay the current billing and low and behold, the fax number doesn't work.