Complaint Review: Yellow Pages United

• Updated: Wed, May 27, 2009

• Reported By:St. Louis Missouri
Yellow Pages United
.yellowpagesunited.com Internet U.S.A.

Yellow Pages United Lured in by Free Advertising Claims in the Yellow Pages Atlanta Internet

I was looking for cheap to free sources to advertise my new affiliate business in and I saw I could put a free listing in the "Yellow Pages", because I was told there were a lot of companies that would advertise free in order to build up their customer base. I didn't want my home address to be in the I had my address changed to my UPS box number and the invoice would have on it "this is not a bill", so I didn't mind signing my name after all I've been knowing about the yellow pages every since I was in high school (1958). I had no idea I would be charged that kind of money, if I did, I never would have signed anything. Well, in the process of time, I lost contact with them. Then all of a sudden in about 6 months, hear comes this bill for $888.00 I called and talked to a man and he agreed that I could only pay 296.00.

So the next time I got a bill from them, it was the exact same bill as if we had never talked on the phone. Then I began to look them up on the INTERNET, because I was saying to myself "who are these people, they can't be the yellow pages that I know about". Then I noticed the word "United" behind their name. And when I verified that the logos was the same, thought maybe they are an affiliate company or something. So now that I looked them up on the INTERNET, I see these complaints. So now I got a letter from American Mediation & Alternative Resolutions telling me that that Bass Company LLC bought some debt and going to take me to court

JODOC
St. Louis, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-Pages-United/internet/Yellow-Pages-United-Lured-in-by-Free-Advertising-Claims-in-the-Yellow-Pages-Atlanta-Intern-455866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow Pages United