Complaint Review: Yellow US Pages

• Reported By: Designer — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Yellow US Pages
100 Church Street, 8th Floor New York, New York USA

Yellow US Pages Deceptive Billing New York New York

Unfortunately I did not come to Rip Off Report first before agreeing to a "trial" with Yellow US Pages (YUSP). My story is the same as all others, I was to get a trial service and given a chance to cancel. When I did not see a listing for my business within a couple of weeks, I tried with no avail to cancel the trial. The web address given for assistance did not work, surprise, surprise. I decided when or if they ever contacted me, I would inform them I did not want the service.

I also did not hear from YUSP, until today when I received a fax with a invoice for $719.99 from a "collection agency." I told the collection agent, that I had not heard from the company, had never received an invoice, that I did not see a listing and could not contact them to cancel. She immediately became rude and threatened legal action, I told her okay, but I was still not paying it. After careful inspection of the "invoice" I see that collection agent's phone number and the phone number for YUSP is one in the same. YUSP is obviously a classic scam business.

Of course today when I look for a listing, there is one. However it is useless, it doesn't even list the type of business I have. I'd be hardpressed to pay someone close to $800 for a unassigned category!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2013 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-US-Pages/New-York-New-York-10007/Yellow-US-Pages-Deceptive-Billing-New-York-New-York-1049312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow US Pages