Complaint Review: Yellow US Pages

• Submitted: Mon, March 25, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 25, 2013

• Reported By: Admin — Los Angeles California
Yellow US Pages
100 Church Street, 8th Floor New York NY 10007 Internet United States of America

Yellow US Pages www.yellowuspages.com Fake YellowUSPages.com Listing Scam / Fraudulent Misrepresentation / Complaints Online Yellow Pages Internet

In December 2012, I got a call from this so-called company YELLOW US PAGES that portrayed themselves to be the official YELLOW PAGES - even their logo is meant to confuse you between them and the real YELLOW PAGES. I was given the impression that I was signing up for a 60 day trial with the real Yellow Pages and would not have to take any action unless I wanted to continue the service.

Three months later, I got a fax stating that I owe $839.99 for the TOP 10 Program Annual Package. I immediately called the number provided and spoke to the "collection agent" Joeanne Burns, who was very rude, agressive and obnoxious. I told her that I was informed that it was a 60 day trial and that I was dealing with the official Yellow Pages. I asked that a contract be sent to me and that the service be terminated immediately. She proceed to yell at me stating that I owed them money and that the contract would not be terminated. She proceeded to play a recording which was just part of the conversation and had portions cut out, including the part where I clarify that I would not need to take any action once the free trial ended. No documents or invoice were ever mailed to me and I refused to give them my credit card information.

I called the 866 number again and asked to speak to a manager and/or cancel the service and was told this would not happen, the debt would be pursued. I do recall having a conversation with someone about this service and agreeing to the trial but I NEVER agreed to be immediately enrolled into a 1 year contract and owe $839.99(interest charges + Admin Fees) for non-existent service or listing. This is clearly a scam and I hope these people are stopped and sued!

Steps to take - Submit your complaint on sites such as RipOffReport.com, file fraud complaints with FTC and your state Attorney General.

There are many more complaints from other victims

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yellow-US-Pages/internet/Yellow-US-Pages-wwwyellowuspagescom-Fake-YellowUSPagescom-Listing-Scam-Fraudulent-Mis-1037770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yellow US Pages