Complaint Review: YellowPagesOnline.net

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: Eric Blair — United States of America
YellowPagesOnline.net
11350 Random Hills Rd. Suite 800 Fairfax, Virginia United States of America

YellowPagesOnline.net Yellow Pages Online Fraudulent Billing, Altered Audio Recording, & Rude Scam Artist Fairfax, Virginia

I recently opened a bill postmarked a few days earlier from Yellow Pages Online (YPO). The bill purports that my business entered a contract on a month and a half  earlier and that we were late in our payment. After contacting this company I was played a recording of one of my employees being asked a rapid series of questions and purportedly authorizing this company's services. First of all this employee was not authorized to make this agreement, second the employee told me she was under the impression from YPO that she was simply renewing a previously existing contract which is untrue, third my employee was told on the phone we could cancel after reviewing the invoice, fourth we did not receive an invoice until a month and a half later after the so-called optional cancellation period. After contacting the FTC, BBB, and my state Attorney General I verified my original feeling--this "company" was a scam. When I was on the phone with YPO I told the scam artist that I would not play her games... she threatened me with legal action, said they were a legitimate company, said the altered audio recording was a legal contract, and hung up :)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YellowPagesOnlinenet/Fairfax-Virginia-22030/YellowPagesOnlinenet-Yellow-Pages-Online-Fraudulent-Billing-Altered-Audio-Recording-R-977930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YellowPagesOnline.net