Complaint Review: Yelp

• Updated: Tue, May 01, 2012

• Reported By: Lawrence — Lakewood Colorado United States of America
Yelp

Yelp Reviews are Unfairly Filtered Internet

I have had ten customers review my business on Yelp over the past couple of years, however, the "proprietary Yelp filter" has conveniently "hidden" eight reviews that were 4 and 5 star ratings, while leaving two vitriolic and nasty 1 star ratings represent my company on the front page.

While I understand that everyone has a right to speak their mind, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, as a small business providing a service for the past 16+ years, we are bound to have a few poor reviews. But our business is based on our overall high levels of customer satisfaction. Publish all of the posted reviews and let the customer, NOT a filter determine if we run an ethical and service minded business.

Filtering out ALL of the high reviews and leaving only the poor reviews is bias and uncalled for.

My rating for Yelp is an "F" or 0 Star!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelp/internet/Yelp-Reviews-are-Unfairly-Filtered-Internet-876897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp