Complaint Review: Yelp

Yelp
Internet USA

Yelp They hide good reviews; won't remove fake reviews Internet

*General Comment: Common...

Yelp is hiding every single good review that I get from my customers. They are trying to sell their advertising to me, and when I decline, they start playing those dirty games with me. My competitors have all of their reviews showed on the first page. My positive reviews are blocked from view, only the bad ones are showing. The last review I saw for my business was a nasty review from some guy named Tony from Hoffman Estates. I checked my records: no clients from Hoffman Estates since 2010, the guy opened an account on April 24 just to write that one bad review. That's a no brainer - Of course is a review from my competitors. So I flagged it. Yelp responded that they cannot remove it....blah blah blah...same story every time. Someone should take them to court for damaging american small businesses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelp/internet/Yelp-They-hide-good-reviews-wont-remove-fake-reviews-Internet-1143597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp

#1 General Comment

Common...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Well they cant make money over POSITIVE reviews. There is supposedly "Net Neutrality" but companies such as Yelp show us that THEY control WHAT is posted and ONLY an infusion of capitol from YOUR business will ensure POSITIVE reviews show up. What I dont understand is that PEOPLE are SO STUPID as to believe ANYTHING that they see online. The Web is so full of scammers and liers that NOTHING you read online can be taken as true anymore. Hell if Fox or CNN said the sky was falling, I would have to go out and check for myself. The INDIVIDUAL may be honest but people as a whole are NOT!! All the internet has shown us is that it is a GREAT repository of information, and that people can sit in the safety of their own homes and say whatever they wish, be it true or not. Companies like YELP may say they cannot remove it, but watch how fast those negative reviews disappear once you pay them, its ALMOST like magic, no wait, its DEFINATLY extortion.