Complaint Review: Yelp

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: Kimberly — San Jose California United States of America
Yelp

Yelp www.yelp.com Online "review" website Commits fraud against consumers and merchants both. swindles consumers into believing they are writing "reviews" on a public website, and then secretly removes all reviews. pub, Internet

I have been using the yelp website for over 10 years. Previously, I had been upset to discover that one review that I had painstakingly and thoughtfully written had been removed. I emailed Yelp, and was told Of several ways I could write my reviews so that they would not be "filtered". Happily, I returned to yelp and began writing many reviews and spending much time on the website.

Recently however, and hundreds of reviews later, I have discovered that ALL of my reviews have been "filtered"! every single review, both good, bad, and in between.

What is further incensing and enraging is that Yelp does not tell the reviewers that their review has been removed- rather, Yelp deceptively swindles its reviewers into believing that their reviews are being posted for the public to see, by placing the personal review at the top of the merchants page when the reviewer is logged into their Yelp account, when in reality, the review is NOT even posted on the page at all. it is hidden under the "filtered" reviews. The only way the reviewer can discover that their reviews have been "filtered" is by logging out of their Yelp account, and visit each and every merchant page one by one to see if the review is public or not.

I am devastated by the loss of all my precious time that I wasted, writing up thoughtful reviews, only to discover that the precious years I spent writing these reviews and building my "profile" was all part of a scam to defraud people.

The scam Yelp runs is well known and documented, and Yelp knows what it is doing, for that reason they have built many blocks against lawsuits, but I cannot let this one go, as this kind of scam is very personal, and the evil behind this fraud needs to have a taste of their own medicine.

Anyone who is interested in taking legal action against this scam, feel free to contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelp/internet/Yelp-wwwyelpcom-Online-review-website-Commits-fraud-against-consumers-and-merchants-bo-1006666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp