Complaint Review: Yelp.com

• Updated: Sat, July 07, 2012

• Reported By: YelpFraud — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Yelp.com
San Francisco, California United States of America

Yelp.com Yelp Yelp Fraud - Yelp Extortion - No Way to Fight Back San Francisco, California

Yelp has been filtering out legitimate reviews for my employer since the first time we declined their ad/sponsorship program.  Initially we had a mix of reviews on your yelp account and as soon as we declined a couple of our 5 star reviews ended up on our filtered page.

It's now a joke whenever I see an email stating we have a new review.  I already know that if it is a 4 or 5 star, it will be on the filtered page.  One or two stars...regardless if it's a new user or not, will be proudly displayed for all to see.

My other beef is with the lack of customer service.  There is no real appeal process for a review to be removed or moved to the filter page.  No real way to contact Yelp.  If you hit the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, you will be directed usually to their FAQ Page or Terms of Service page.  Or, if you do have the opportunity to submit a comment, Yelp's response is a "Form Letter" from a "No-Reply" email address. [continued below]....
.....  Wow, I wish I could run my business like that!

Yelp has caused so much frustration, I have created a page for others to vent, find solutions, share stories and maybe, just maybe, gain enough attention that we can affect Yelp in some way.  Join the fight at http://www.facebook.com/yelpisafraud

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelpcom/San-Francisco-California-/Yelpcom-Yelp-Yelp-Fraud-Yelp-Extortion-No-Way-to-Fight-Back-San-Francisco-California-908056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp.com