Complaint Review: Yelp.com

Internet U.S.A.

Yelp.com Good Reviews Only Please Internet

* : Yelp is a scam

*Consumer Comment: TRUE TRUE TRUE

*UPDATE Employee: YELP Is Owned By The Mormon Church!

*Consumer Comment: Not my experience with Yelp

This site is for 'consumers' to rate business, like ripoff, but its more misleading. Thing is, when consumers report bad services *like being ripped off* most reviews *like mine which were mostly negative towards bad businesses cheating me out of money* were deleted b/c business owners got mad. Oh boo hoo.

Its annoying that only good reviews were allowed to stay and negative ones were deleted, when mine didnt violated the terms of use. A site for consumers to share their experience, positive a/o negative, are not given the full portunity to report bad service, since they'll be deleted right away.

Most are good and bad reviews but mine, which are about bad ripoff insurance agencies and banks were deleted b/c the YELP community felt it needed to be taken down. Plus business owners threw a wittle tantrum b/c I was giving them a bad name for their already bad service. Oh poor babies.

I find this yelp.com site completely misleading and favours bad busnesses. If the consumers cant warn people about terrible busnesses, which would help unknowing consumers of the trials and tribulations that they would mostly encounter, why even bother having the site at all. This site IS a RIP OFF!!

VeryPO'ed
n/a, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2008 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelpcom/internet/Yelpcom-Good-Reviews-Only-Please-Internet-374800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp.com

#1

Yelp is a scam

AUTHOR: Scoobysteven - (U.S.A.)

This thread is ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!!!!!!  I experienced the same.  In my case, I reported a company that was prosecuted and convicted of cheating consumers.  I even went as far as providing the Google search parameters like "FH Financial Texas Attorney General".  The legitimate review was still deleted.  Fact is, Yelp only wants positive reviews.  It is an advertising website, nothing more.

yelp is a ripoff.
I went to places that had only positive reviews and they were jokes. Crappy, rude service and crappy food and drinks.
When I wrote my negative review, all in the guidelines, they were deleted. When I replied that they were in the guidelines my account was quickly deleted. WHAT THE HELL?
As for places with negative reviews, one I went to that I didnt know had bad reviews and it was pretty good. When I went on yelp to leave a review, I noticed they were all negative.
Fowl play or the business cleaned up there act but my positive review of the negative place was deleted. That wass before my account was deleted.
I figured my negative truthful reviews struck owners nerves, or 'loyal customers' pride that they felt that I was not to be on the site to ruin there fun.

Yelp is a joke.

YELP Is Owned By The Mormon Church!

AUTHOR: Jim Webb Bail Bonds - (U.S.A.)

YELP has deleted all the negative posts that mentioned the fact that the Mormon Chirch was in bed with the supposedly "Gay Friendly" El Coyote Restaurant in Los Angeles. When succumbing to the power of the Mormon Church, they removed all the posts that criticized El Coyote's hypocrisy in courting the gay community's business and at the same time actively sought to remove civil rights protections from their customers. Actions by a business that threatens their customers should be open for discussion on Yelp. We have a right, an OBLIGATION to let the public know what these people are doing. Screw YELP - HYPICRITES - LIARS and WEENIES

Not my experience with Yelp

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

Hi - I read your posting and wanted to provide my feedback.

I'm in Chicago and have read a ton of reviews. Some have definitely NOT been positive and really ripped into some of the places I looked at.

I was even at a local bar that I frequent and the server was complaining about a bad a review on Yelp and I did leave some positive feedback concerning her consistant service to me and also left some constructive feedback for management on some of the food items and prices.

I left that feedback about 4 months ago and it's still there (along with the really negative one that my server had complained about! lol).

I don't know if things are different where you live but in Chicago, I haven't heard any of my friends complain about this (and a lot do use Yelp regularly).