Complaint Review: Yelp.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 07, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, April 07, 2012

• Reported By: Joyce — Chino California United States of America

Yelp.com Yext., YP.com Yelp.com filters our good reviews, filters in bad reviews Internet

Yelp.com has had excellent reviews about my birthing center since it opened in 2009.  We did not even know about Yelp.com  One of my first clients posted a truly excellent review about her "organic birth" at AquaNAtal.  So many postings -- ALL were excellent until last fall, 2011.  A disgruntled employee who quit without notice, taking my database with her & contacting all current and previous clients, got them to file false, malicious, and misleading "reviews" against me and my business.  When notified Yelp.com said, "Too bad, must be true!"

I begged Yelp to keep my positive reviews visible.  I asked my current clients and all the ones who were loyal to me to post new positive reviews -- no way, now they were being "coached,"  And they weren't before?

Yelp.com killed my business built over 3 years of providing excellent pregnancy, labor and birthing care to women seeking midwifery services, to stay away from the inductions, infections, "upsell" interventions and surgery. [continued below]....
.....  Waterbirth, homebirth, VBACs, etc.

Now all of these clients are gone from me -- at this point we would usually have 15-20 women in care, I might have 4-5 right now.

There are even reviews on Yelp.com about my business -- and they are apparently not my clients!  We can't identify them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2012 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yelpcom/internet/Yelpcom-Yext-YPcom-Yelpcom-filters-our-good-reviews-filters-in-bad-reviews-Internet-865280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yelp.com