Complaint Review: Ymax Communications - Magic Jack

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Ymax Communications - Magic Jack
1045 South Ocean Blv Palm Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Ymax Communications - Magic Jack IS A PIECE OF SH-- Palm Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: You May Be Able to File a Complaint With the Palm Beach County Division of Consumer Affairs

*Consumer Comment: Magic Jack Worker For Me

I bought a magic jack the other day at my local radio shack store.

I took it home and installed it set everything up as per set up screans asked me to you know name address and other info. i made a few calls successfully with it and it worked fine. Then i tried it a few hours later and i was not able to call anyone it kept cutting me off when i was trying to dial a number. or when i did get through i had to almost scream in to the phone to be heard.

I even tried calling my friend on his cell number and he was not able to hear me. i had to go to my other line in my apt to call him back to tell him that it was me that tried to call him I told him what I was useing to call him on and he said he bout one of those and it did not work for him. And my friend knows computers and eletronics for he has 4 degrees in it and is a computer tech person so hen he said he had problems. I know that this item was a piece of SHI- So i took it back and got a refund the man at the store asked me for the reason i was returning it i told him it was garbage

I suggest people that have been ripped off by this product contact the so called inventor MR Daniel Borislow at his home address his home address is MR Daniel Borislow 1045 south ocean blv palm beach floridia 33480 I think everyone that has been ripped off by him and his company should flood his personal mail box with complaint letters and to file a report with the flordia Public utility commission and the FL attorney generals office and the fcc. If i get more info on MR BORISLOW I shall post it here I am trying to get his private email address and his private phone number and when I do I shall Post it here

James bond
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ymax-Communications-Magic-Jack/Palm-Beach-Florida/Ymax-Communications-Magic-Jack-IS-A-PIECE-OF-SH-Palm-Beach-Florida-440408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ymax Communications - Magic Jack

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: PBC Consumer Affairs - (U.S.A.)

Division of Consumer Affairs
50 S. Military Trail Suite #201
West Palm Beach, FL 33415
(561) 712-6600 - Ask for Investigator Daniel Dodson
(561) 712-6610 Fax

AUTHOR: Valentino - (U.S.A.)

If they take the time to disclose how to use the product and what possible issues will be encountered they would have more satisfied customers. I had the same problem with dropped calls at first but now it is better. Drop calls seem to have diminished. My service area was a 10 mile radius and long distance in excess of 10 miles. Regular phone would cost me a bundle. I cannot think os have a regular land line phone wiht regualr phone service. U sed to caose me at east $30 per month. Having the cell to receive late calls is very cost effective. Internationally call are about 0.10 per min.

Try my suggestions below.

1. I used Magic Jack while our computer is on. MJ will not work when the computer is off. Have a cell for after hours and have the kids use the cell for emergancy.

2. When the computer is turned off Magic Jack will not receive calls.

3. When your computer is on and a call comes in Magic Jack responds with a pop window. I simply minimize it. My susggestion is if you have an old computer with a USB use it for MJ.

4. I have no answers if you are not satisfied and want a refund. I never had the experience in asking for a refund.

I have MJ going on one year but I keep a cell phone "pay as you go" and I receive calls on it when the compter is turned off. Very cost effective.