- Report: #1086185
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Yodle
Yodle50 W 23rd St, Suite 401 New Yourk, New York USA
Yodle Inc pay per click, online advertising, SEO, internet marketing New York New York
*UPDATE Employee: Clarifying Yodle's Business Practices
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Practices used by this company can be downright damaging to your company's web presence in the long run.
- They rent the URL to you (yes, you pay for it, but they own it) so all the advertising money you spend to promote the URL is lost when you leave them. (Unless you know this and insist they use a URL that you buy and refuse to transfer to them).
- When you leave them, they rent "your" URL to your competitor. Now your competitor begins immediately receiving the trailing benefit of all your advertising spent with Yodle. Yodle looks good to new client, because they are re-routing all residual leads that come in after you stop paying them to their new client.
- They take over your Google Places page. If you let them "manage" your Google places page they will remove your ID and password and take full control. You are cut out of access to Google places.
- When you leave they threaten to close your Google Places page. If you let them setup your Google Places page, they claim they will close it down. If you let them "Manage" your existing Google Places page, you will have to fight and argue to get them to give you back the ID and password access you once had.
- They will sell you a website, then re-sell it to everyone around you. In my case, same colors, same people photos, etc... This makes you look like a cookie cutter commodity.
- The phone number they promote is not your phone number. Again, like the URL, they can and will re-direct the phone calls to your competitor when you leave.
When I worked with them they were not able to produce enough leads to cover the cost of their service plus the direct costs to service the client. When we asked to cancel service they refused. Then after the contract was over, our position in Google for our favorite three key words (we were ranking #1 on two of them and varied between #1,#2, and #3rd position on the third one) was severely damaged. We stayed on first page for one keyword, however, much lower, and for the other two key words we stopped appearing on the first page all together. Our Google Reviews disappeared and we can’t seem to get them back.
Over a year later, we still have not fully recovered our Google Places position. We have had to hire someone to get this fixed.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2013 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yodle/New-Yourk-New-York-10010/Yodle-Inc-pay-per-click-online-advertising-SEO-internet-marketing-New-York-New-York-1086185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.