Complaint Review: Yodle

• Reported By: Mr X — Portland Oregon
Yodle
Internet USA

Yodle aka Yodle.com Don't Believe ANYTHING THEY SAY, IT IS A SCAM ! Internet

I received a call from a Reed Ramirez of Yodle / Yodle.com 2 days ago, and this slick talking guy quickly made it clear that they had the BEST way to generate new business for my small business, and it was basically a turn key thing that they take care of, with just a few tidbits of information.

Mr Ramirez claimed that they would create a mobile site for my business, and targeted ads in over 40 search engines that would get my business noticed, and more business.  He said that they normally charge 179.00 per month, but were currently running a special where you could pay "99.00/month, on a month to month basis, with no contracts".

I didn't have time to talk with him that day, but since it sounded so good, I told him to call me the next day.

I spoke with him the next day, and he had me go to http://www.yodledemo.com/ to see more about them, and he hooked me up to an online presentation where he walked me through how great Yodle is, and talked about their great rating with the better business bureau, etc. etc.

I'll have to admit, it did sound really good, so I thought "what the heck, if it is only 99.00/month, with no contract I could simply cancel it if it wasn't panning out for me, and bringing in new business....

So, I asked him about the 99.00 deal, and he suddenly changed his tune, and said that the 99.00 "deal" was a promotional deal that required me to pay 6 months in advance....

Instantly, the alarm bells started sounding, and I quickly realized that they had lied to me just to get me to listen to their pitch, and they would not allow me to sign up with a 99.00 payment per month.

So, not feeling good about having to essentially shell out $594.00 up front, when they originally told me it was a month to month deal with no contract, I quickly told him "no thanks"....

He was quite irritated, and had nothing more to say to me when he realized that I felt I had been lied to.

It was quite apparent to me that this guy is just a salesman who gets his pay from a commision on the 600.00 that suckers pay up front.   He could care less about you, or your business like he initially claims.

I then went to ripoffreport.com to see if there were any reports on them, and voila there indeed were several.

DON'T fall for their scam.  If you pay them nearly 600.00 up front, and they don't produce results for you, you will be screwed out of your money, with no recourse.

If it was indeed such a good program, they wouldn't hesitate to let you pay monthly, and cancel if you're not happy.  They also wouldn't hide the fact that the 99.00/month deal is ONLY good if you pay them 6 months up front, a definite scam !

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yodle/internet/Yodle-aka-Yodlecom-Dont-Believe-ANYTHING-THEY-SAY-IT-IS-A-SCAM-Internet-1067761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yodle