Complaint Review: Yodle

Yodle
Nationwide USA

Yodle Yodle Prays on Small Companies Austin, New York Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Yodle Response

I am a small business owner just starting a new business. I built my own website and was working my way on getting on the search engines to get noticed when I received a phone call from a sales rep from Yodle. I was promised they were the professionals to drive sales to my website. They had marketing people that were the best in their field that could make my small company show up on local searches.

After buying into the scam I gave my credit card number to pay for three months trial of 1647.00. They recorded only the last part of our conversation for me to agree to the terms. One month later I called and complained how the service is not working. I was not getting any calls; I am not getting any hits to my website that I built. I expressed that I do not find a value in the service and will not be renewing after the 90 days. They back tracked and tried to make changes to their website they built and said they will make changes to where the posts are and when. They even changed the name of my company on the websites they built because they said it confused people. I was not to worry because they will call my number.

I called again to tell them that all I am getting is hang up calls and people searching for hospitals. The changes they made did not work and I am not happy with the service. It is a complete waste of time and money I will not be renewing. They stated it was my phone tree (system) that is confusing this is why people are hanging up. At that point I came to the realization that I lost the 1647.00 and use it as a learning experience.

95 days later from the first phone call I have a charge to my AMEX for 549.00 from Yodle. I called and talk to their customer service who in turn patch me through to the highest manager available to help me with my dispute. He stated he needs to go back and listen to all the calls to verify I stated I wanted to no long extend my service. He called me back only to tell me that they have one recording of when I agreed to the terms and could see where I called in to tell them this is not working and is a waste of money. But for some reason there are only notes and it is not recorded. The person who put the notes in never put in that I no longer wanted the service after the 90 days.

He stated he cannot refund the money and that I have now OFFICALLY ended the contract so I won't be billed again!

Do not use this company, it is smoke and mirrors! He stated I will not get my money back and for me to have a great day. I wonder how many small business owners they have preyed on. Please consider a local college student to help you before you use Yodle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yodle/nationwide/Yodle-Yodle-Prays-on-Small-Companies-Austin-New-York-Nationwide-1137302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yodle

Yodle Response

AUTHOR: Syvenna Siebert - ()

Hi Nikki – my name is Syvenna Siebert, and I’m a manager in the communications department at Yodle. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get the results you hoped for with Yodle. Thank you though for bringing this matter to our attention. As you know, we have refunded your account for the additional charges. It is our goal for every customer to have a positive experience. We’re looking into the situation to determine what went wrong and to take appropriate steps to rectify this for the future. Please reach out to me at syvenna.siebert@yodle.com or 646-770-8974 if I can help with anything further.