Complaint Review: Yodle.com

• Updated: Mon, July 29, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — San Marcos California
Yodle.com
50 W 23rd St Suite 401 New York, NY 10010 New York, New York USA

Yodle.com Scam artists, prey on small business owners that are naive about internet marketing, usurp business name and replace vital information with their own New York New York

*UPDATE Employee: Yodle Response

Do not have ANYTHING to do with this company. It is a scam and a nightmare.

My husband, who is very naïve about Internet marketing, was being pursued (by telephone) into a trial period with Yodle for our 40 year old small business. However my husband never followed through with providing them details about our business.

A few weeks later, customers started asking why we were opening so late in the morning, instead of our usual 7:00 am. I entered the picture and immediately discovered that a Google search resulted in our business, but the information that I had set up on Google years ago was entirely bypassed and replaced with inaccurate information and a website generated by Yodle. The website had a different phone number which was a tracking number through Yodle. It contained phony pictures and did not represent our business in the least.

I spent hours on the phone with Yodle. They treated me as if it was a joke...and actually chuckled at my frustration. I was told by them that they had no idea how they were able to "claim" our Google name and assured me that it would be released back to me. But it would take a few days. After waiting three days and still seeing Yodle information on our Google site, I finally called Google and they were able to remove the Yodle hold on our name within a few hours.

Now, 7 days has gone by, and I checked out Google site again and THEY ARE BACK!!! With the phony website popping up immediately on a Google search for our business name.

Tomorrow I will spend hours on the phone again with Google in hopes of getting our business name back once more.

BEWARE OF YODLE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2013 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yodlecom/New-York-New-York-10010/Yodlecom-Scam-artists-prey-on-small-business-owners-that-are-naive-about-internet-marke-1071170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yodle.com

Yodle Response

AUTHOR: Radley - ()

Hi - my name is Radley Moss, Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. Per the response that my colleague Jasmine gave after you made the same complaint elsewhere we're very sorry to hear that you're disappointed about your experience with Yodle. As Jasmine also mentioned we'd be happy to help you try and resolve this issue. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449 so that we can look further into this situation to see what we can do to resolve it. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.