Complaint Review: Yoli & Associates, American Cash Awards

• Submitted: Sat, August 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 02, 2008

• Reported By:joppa Maryland
Yoli & Associates, American Cash Awards
P.O. Box 18322 Golden, Colorado U.S.A.

Yoli & Associates, American Cash Awards ALTERED MY CHECK Golden Colorado

Just like everyone else's story mine stars a well dress young man with great manners. I usually do not answer the door, but happened to be standing there at the wrong time with my three dogs. I spoke to him thru the glass of the door and it was quite obvious he was intimidated by pack.

I stepped out side. He told me he was trying to collect "points" by selling magazines for college. How he was going to be a baskeball star. He was charming, well groomed and had good manners. I agreed to buy a magazine.

The subscription for Self magazine was 57.00. I found that a little high, but after all I was helping him thru college right??? The charming young man told me to make my check for $50.00 instead of $57.00 as he was allowed to cover some of the $7 handling charges and since I was so kind to him he wanted to do so.

He was very personal noting the two corvettes in the drive way commenting on how he hoped his college education would pay off as well as mine. He asked for a bottle of water and was on his way.

Four days later I was reviewing my bank statement on line. The little punk had changed my check. The establishment I bank with allows your checks to be viewed on line and not only had he scratched out the 0 next to what use to say 50 and replaced the 0 with a 7, but had the nerve to use MY initials to validate the scratch. I was infuriated!

I called my bank and brought it to thier attention as they had not caught their error when processing the check (if a conflict exists banking establishments must go by the wording of the check - that had not been altered). They debited the $7 back to me. In the mean time I have been in touch with the company on my receipt and made them aware of what this young man did to my check.

They said that I would be issued a full refund and that the young man's manager would be notified. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received a refund OR a call back... Doubt if I will at this point. It was only $50, but that $50 would be appreciated by a real charitity case. Beware of a wolf in sheeps clothing!!!

joppa, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2008 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Yoli-Associates-American-Cash-Awards/Golden-Colorado-80402/Yoli-Associates-American-Cash-Awards-ALTERED-MY-CHECK-Golden-Colorado-358442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Yoli & Associates, American Cash Awards