Mayor

• Submitted: Fri, February 12, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 09, 2014

• Reported By: John Robertson — Hollywood California United States of America
York Entertainment
4565 Sherman Oaks Ave CA 91403 Sherman Oaks, California United States of America

York Entertainment Tanya York Tanya York York Entertainment Sherman Oaks, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: MISTER ROBERTSON IS RIGHT

*General Comment: Have only heard bad things about York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Praying for "Mr Robertson"

I am surprised that this company is still in business, and of all the audacity the owner of the company, Tanya York is coming out with a book titled "How to Make Money Making Movies". The real title should be "How I made Money by Ripping off all the Filmmakers who trusted me with Their Films"...

York Entertainment has been successfully distributing first time filmmaker's films for many years now. They have made a very successful industry out of it. Filmmakers come to them with their finished films, pay all up front costs, to get York to distribute, then once the filmmaker turns his/her Master materials over to York, they never hear from the company again. The filmmaker never receives any sales reports, never receives any money.

York Entertainment has been sued so many times, that they have a front company that is used to sign all the documents and contracts. The front company has no assets and is "sue" proof, so that York Entertainment is protected. They make a fortune on the hundreds of titles that they represent at sales markets all around the world, and not one of the filmmaker Producers EVER makes any money back. I have talked to numerous Producers who have been ripped off by York. They spent all their money to make their film, hand it over to York, get screwed royally, and dont even have enough money left over to take York to court. Tanya York must have no soul, and I dont know how she sleeps at night, knowing that she has contributed to the destruction of dreams and hopes of thousands of filmmakers around the world who have entrusted their films to her.

If you have a film that is being distributed by York, and you have had a similar experience, please add it below. Its important that other innocent people are not ripped off by this company. Please get the word out. This company needs to be put out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/York-Entertainment/Sherman-Oaks-California-91403/York-Entertainment-Tanya-York-Tanya-York-York-Entertainment-Sherman-Oaks-California-568463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on York Entertainment

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

MISTER ROBERTSON IS RIGHT

AUTHOR: Willski - ()

York entertainment is nothing but a big scam. A bunch of cheats and professional con artists. How do i know this? I am victim. There is also a man named Joe Guinan who has all the dirt on Tonja York, and he has told that dirt to me. But let's just be real about this. My film CODE BLACK has been with York for almost five years. GOOGLE CODE BLACK and you will see it is avail;able all over the world. yet, this flim flam organization continues to insist after the deduct their yearly fee, I have made zero profit from my film. really? A film that is on netflix? And Blockbuster? And every freaking video retailer known to man? The biggest indication of the fraudulent activity is the fact that they have refused to send me quarterly reports for either of the films I sold them. that is a violation of the law, my contract and ethical practice. Ms. York always acts like the "oblivious, benign" friend who says she'll help you, but is too busy spending the money she made from your film to give a crap. York may think i have finished with them, but more legal action is on the way. I am not some unknown hack with some garbage movie shot on a camcorder. My next film is about to blow up, and with the funds from that film i intend to acquire the best legal help in the world and assemble other scammed filmmakers into a nice little class action law suit and shut them down. Now, there's a script for a movie!

#2 General Comment

Have only heard bad things about York

AUTHOR: John Doe - (United States of America)

I believe the author's story 100%. The author obviously did what everybody does on the Internet: use an alias name. While I have never personally done business with York I have sure heard about York. Back in 2004 I was told by a distributor that used York that the owner of York is essentially a thief and that York owed them a lot of money. I've seen several postings in forums about York not paying in full (just use Google). I once told another distributor that I was avoiding a few certain distributors that I didn't trust. I didn't even have to mention the name. He said "You mean York?" God Bless.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Praying for "Mr Robertson"

AUTHOR: Tanya York - (United States of America)

Dear Mr."Robertson",

Being that our producers are our most valued asset, which we communicate to them quite often as we update them on our strategies for upcoming film markets, it's shocking that you'd choose to direct your personal inadequacies towards us in this format. Had you been one of our producers you would already know this information, but we know all our producers and we've never worked with a "John Robertson".

If this unfounded tirade is a retaliation for us not choosing to distribute your film, then we're praying for you and that we one day receive a film submission from you that will be of the quality to be considered as an addition to our family of producers. God Bless.