Complaint Review: York

, Ontario Canada
  • Phone: 1-855-770-york
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

York, Christine Tynan Small Business, Personal Loan SCAM ONTARIO, Canada Ontario

*Consumer Comment: I Was Vicitim to This Scam

I am a small business owner and family man who reached out to this organization to try and get a loan for my entertainment business. In my local paper I saw an ad under MONEY TO LEND, entitled "LOW INTEREST FINANCING". The ad reads as follows:

"Personal & Small Business Loans Borrow up to $20,000 @ 8%. Pay $386/month. Bad credit OK. Call to Apply 1-855-770-YORK (9675)"

I spoke with a rep by the name of Jennifer who took down my information and told me that I  was approved to receive the loan. All I had to do was send her 10% of my requested loan ($3,000). On 12/23/13, I sent $300.00 USD to CHRISTINE TYNAN in Ontario, Canada. I was told that the $3,000 would be in my account the very next day. The next day turned into weeks.

I have yet to receive any type of loans/money. After much correspondence over this time, I felt that I was being jerked around and called to get my money refunded. I was told that the loan was held up because I needed to send more money. This just didn't feel right.

Even though Jennifer told me that she would process the cancellation and refund my money, I have yet to receive it. Now, when I call the number, many times I am hung up on or put on hold then disconnected. Simply put, I am given the run around and ignored. I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!! I searched online for more info and can find nothing. I am not even sure of the business name/address. HELP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2014 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/York/Ontario/York-Christine-Tynan-Small-Business-Personal-Loan-SCAM-ONTARIO-Canada-Ontario-1114972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on York

I Was Vicitim to This Scam

AUTHOR: Lindsey - ()

Hello, I too was a victim this scam and I wanted to know if you have taken any legal action or received any kind of response from York Financial after your several failed attempts. I contacted my local Tampa Police and they gave no support I also filed a complaint with my county's consumer protection agency. What else can we do to stop this from happening to others? And possibly get our money back?