Complaint Review: YouFit Health Clubs

3530 Clark Road Sarasota, Florida United States of America

YouFit Health Clubs YouFit Poorly run gym Sarasota, Florida

*Author of original report: YouFit Gym

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution

YouFit is a poorly run gym:

Been a member at YouFit in Sarasota, Florida for 1 1/2 years. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. Never really loved the gym but it worked for my needs. Yesterday I was approached by an employee and told I was "gunting" and that they have a "no grunting policy". With over 40 people in the gym they singled me out. Problem was, I wasn't grunting.

Both my workout partner and I tried to explain that they were accusing the wrong person. Manager : "Alex" and assistant manager "Elvis" revoked both of our memberships.

Kind of strange way to run a business. Falsely accuse someone of something that "if" true would be a minor issue, then revoke their membership and the membership of another member that spoke up. All this without any prior warning.

Tried to contact someone in a corporate office someplace but their 800 number sends the caller right back to the club in their zip code area. No way to appeal to someone at a corporate level when there is a problem at the local level.

There are plenty of other gyms but to make such an issue out of nothing is business suicide in this economy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 02:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/YouFit-Health-Clubs/Sarasota-Florida-34231/YouFit-Health-Clubs-YouFit-Poorly-run-gym-Sarasota-Florida-1039224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on YouFit Health Clubs

YouFit Gym

AUTHOR: Brian - ()

Yesterday I received a call from Matt Miller, the Regional Manager for YouFit.

Pleasant conversation although he fully accepted the misinformation he received from his management staff. Frankly, the story from the on site managers changes each time I have heard it. I think that Matt will eventually figure out that he needs to reconsider his choices for managers.

He did apologize for how the situation was handled but did not offer to refund the membership fee charged at the beginning of the year. Considering that YouFit revoked my membership, I believe that if they were a better run company, they would have refunded the fee.

Joined Crunch gym yesterday. Same monthly price, much better equipment, bigger and better facility and no fees when I decide to cancel my membership, some day in the future. Worked out there for my first time today and there is a vast difference in the quality and maintenance of the facility.

Resolution

AUTHOR: Youfit Health Clubs - ()

We are very sorry to hear about how this scenario with Mr. Mcgreevy unfolded. However, we have reviewed both sides of the scenario with Mr. Mcgreevy in detail, and we have all agreed that it is time to part ways. We wish Brian the best of luck with his fitness goals in the future.