Complaint Review: Youfit Health Clubs

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: rew — bradenton Florida
Youfit Health Clubs
Bee Ridge Rd sarasota, Florida USA

Youfit Health Clubs Yoiufit uses unethical ways to secure memberships. After verbal agreements, they use a digital pad to secure signatures with agreemtns contrary to verbal stipulations. sarasota Florida

*Consumer Comment: Possible law of the matter

Went to Youfit Health club. The manager sat with me to explain their personal training and workout programs. I stated that I was interested in using the weightlifting machines, and was willing to book 8 personal training sessions for ONE month because I didn't want long term personal training. My only need was to gain upper body strength from weightlifting, and had not need for weight loss. I specifically told him that I wanted only one month of personal training for $240.00 per month. The $10.00 month membership woulbe be recurring but the $240.00 was a one time payment. When we finished our converstation, he jovially directed me to a digital signature pad which he scrolled down quickly, after having agreed verbally to a plan of one month of personal training, I had no reason to believe that the contract would state otherwise. To my dismay, $240.00 per month over four months had been taken charged to my credit card. I approched the club manager hoping for a cancellation of the personal training fee, but he pointedly stated that I had a signed agreement. He then printed an agreement of a recurring $240.00 for 12 months charge. Even thought I had been attending the gym twice a week, and told my trainer that I had signed up for only one month, they never "reminded' me that I supposedly was accruing all these unused personal training sessions. The credit card company could not dispute the case because the club gave them a signed copy of the contract that was exacted under unethical business practices.Please do not join Youfit. They use unethical means to extract money out of their clients by verbally agreeing to one thing, and then securing a signature from a difficult to read digital pad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Youfit-Health-Clubs/sarasota-Florida-34231/Youfit-Health-Clubs-Yoiufit-uses-unethical-ways-to-secure-memberships-After-verbal-agree-1132199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Youfit Health Clubs

Possible law of the matter

AUTHOR: Xaviserrano - ()

Seems to me you were a victim of misrepresentation a type of tort. You could've sued the establishment/franchised for losses. Then again you making this report may be putting you in a disparagement case against the chain. This could very well be an isolated incident in which it just happen to you, its isolated to the employee you dealt with, isolated to the establishment and not the franchise itself. You are telling people how a whole franchise is conducting business and it very we'll may be false which falls under disparagement torts. disclaimer I'm not a lawyer whatsoever what I've wouldbe done is actually consult one once it happened.