Complaint Review: Young

• Submitted: Fri, March 01, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Young — Kuala Lumpur Other Malaysia
Young
27 Jln Sutera 4, Jalil Sutera, Bdr. Bukit Jalil, kuala Lumpur, Select State/Province United States of America

Young The marketing guy was Gareth based in UK and the admin coordinator was a Denise Lambert based in Bournemouth, UK. Gareth sent images of properties for sale and I was convinced after corresponding with kuala Lumpur Internet

*Author of original report: Scam or Genuine?

I agreed to purchase a property in Detroit via Detroit Advantage Sales & Management and paid my fee to them on 8 Feb. to reserve the property. The sales person was a man called Gareth.
On 13 Feb, I made another payment to another company Active Title agency for the title transfer.
Finally, full payment was made on 25 Feb and then I could not reach the sales person, Gareth, nor the admin coordinator, Denise Lambert.
I called the office tel. no. in Bournemouth and I found out that it was just a shared office. The person who took the call did not know that Denise had since disappeared.
This online advertising of properties for sale is a scam to defraud people who got snared into the purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 02:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Young/kuala-Lumpur-Select-StateProvince-50450/Young-The-marketing-guy-was-Gareth-based-in-UK-and-the-admin-coordinator-was-a-Denise-Lam-1021897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Young

Scam or Genuine?

AUTHOR: Young - (Malaysia)

I managed to call the tel. no. given to me in Bournemouth on 1/3/2013 after I had got two bounced emails when I sent them to an email address which I had used previously to contact Denise and then filed my ripoff report.  I had to take this action as RipOff website had a few bad rep[orts by some complainants and I was afraid my deal may be a scam and to warn others as well. A woman took the call and I asked what her name was. She replied that she was Denise and I introduced myself and quickly ask her about my property status. She said that they had some problems and an audit was going on and couldn't get the transfer done in time. I asked her by when. She said should be by next week Tuesday or thereabouts. I have no choice but to wait for next week to see whether they would deliver as promised.