Complaint Review: Younger Toyota

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: TheTruth — Hagerstown Maryland United States of America
Younger Toyota

Younger Toyota Asked me for guns & cameras as a trade in Internet

After a terrible experience in April I had purchasing a new car from Younger; my husband calls me & says he is at Younger looking at used cars. I meet him there to see that he is working w/ Seth the same sales guy I had dealt w/. He found a SUV that he liked & they started running the #s. They offered us $5,400 as a trade in. Everything seemed ok, well Seth asked would I be willing to cosign. I agree, however I did not know they would pull my credit 17 times! Seth comes back and says the bank is requesting $1,000 deposit. We tell Seth we don't have it today. He asked if we had any GUNS, TVs, or CAMERAS to use as the trade in. We started laughing, we really thought this was a joke. Seth says no seriously we can take something worth $1,000 as a trade. We declined that offer & said we would just pay the money.
Well we get to the finance office, I am looking at the paper & it says trade in $3,400..huh??? I question it & said you told use $5,400. They double checked & said opps you are right, then switch it back to $5,400. Seth then tells us, because they submitted the incorrect #s to the bank the $1,000 is not needed. Ok great! He said we will just rip up the check. Ok fine. Now almost 6 weeks later Eric the used car manager calls saying he will press charges if we don't bring him the $1,000. I'm confussed Seth said it was not needed. My husband tried to explain what happened & Eric proceeds to tell him to BE A MAN. Wow talk about professional!
I am responsible for four sales to this dealership with in 6 months. They will never get my business again. Part of this I take the blame for for not looking at paperwork as close as I should, it is a lesson learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Younger-Toyota/internet/Younger-Toyota-Asked-me-for-guns-cameras-as-a-trade-in-Internet-933576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Younger Toyota