Complaint Review: Your Choice Credit

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2003

• Reported By:Spokane Washington
Your Choice Credit
8300 Bluff St St. George, Utah U.S.A.

Your Choice/Your Choice Credit People with mid-Eastern accents would not let me get off the phone until I gave them vital account information St. George Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: You Should Be Afraid, Very Afraid

I received a call tonight the 10th of October, 2003 from a woman supposedly named Christine Martin, although she could hardly pronounce the name. She told me that I had been pre-approved for a 5,000 dollar limit credit card. I asked her what name she had for this pre-approval. She said "Brenda." No last name or anything.

I said that there was no Brenda here, and she said that my phone number had been selected for pre-approval. It didn't sound legitimate, but I played along and gave them name, address, birthdate, and after reassurance from them, my bank name.

Then they asked for a routing number. WHOA! I said I wasn't comfortable giving that info over the phone.
They kept me on the phone for an hour trying to get me to part with my account number, routing number, or any current Credit Card numbers. She handed me over to her manager when I kept balking. What do you know, it was another mid-Eastern person who spoke broken English. His name was John. Yeah, right. It would be more believable if they said Shamir-Habulb or something terrorist like that.

I finally agreed to let them call me tomorrow. After hanging up I checked the internet and found this rip-off report. I will be telling them tomorrow - if they have the nerve to call back that their money making scam will not include me.

This call really makes me wonder if the money from the people who are scammed is being shipped straight to the coffers of Osama and his ilk.

Jason
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2003 09:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Your-Choice-Credit/St-George-Utah/Your-ChoiceYour-Choice-Credit-People-with-mid-Eastern-accents-would-not-let-me-get-off-th-68803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Your Choice Credit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Linda - (U.S.A.)

I can't believe you didn't just hang up on those people, but be that as it may, they now have lots of personal information about you, plus the name of your bank. If it were me, I'd call my bank ASAP and see if anyone has tried to withdraw money from the account. Never, ever give your personal information out over the phone, ESPECIALLY when you did not initiate the call. I can see problems down the road for you with regards to this phone call that you "played along with."

#2 Consumer Suggestion