Complaint Review: Your Last Resort,

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 09, 2006

• Reported By:Yellow Springs Ohio
Your Last Resort,
5600 Spring Mountain Rd #209 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Your Last Resort ripoff didn't advertise timeshare, won't refund fee as required, won't return my calls Las Vegas Nevada

My husband and I own a timeshare in Cozumel. Last year we contracted with Your Last Resort in Las Vegas to advertise it for sale. Your Last Resort LLC, promised that if the unit didn't sell within one year, it would refund our fee. We entered into the contract on Nov 30, 2004. There is no evidence that they ever did anything to advertise it, and I've been trying to contact them since Dec 1, 2005 to get our fee refunded, which was guaranteed in the contract. I believe that Nevada code section 119A requires that such fees be at least partially refunded, as well.

The owner of the company, Hinda Joy Hinden, has not returned any of my calls or emails. I call at least twice every business day and leave messages either on the machine or with the receptionist, Rose. I've sent a letter via certified mail requesting the refund as was required by the contract. I've done a little research, and have found 14 or so judgments and liens in Clark County against a Hinda Joy Hilden, who may or may not be the same as Hinda Joy Hinden, but I really don't know.

I'd prefer to settle this without a lawsuit, but I'm annoyed at how I'm being treated by these people. The amount in dispute is $995.00, which doesn't seem like enough to warrant litigation, but I convinced my husband to do this and now feel responsible to get his money back. I do plan to file consumer complaint forms with the Attorneys General in both Nevada and Ohio (potential violation of telephone solicitation laws), and anyone else I can find.

Like everyone else, these guys were very good about returning phone calls until we paid. It's been three months, I'm on a first-name basis with the receptionist, and even when someone is in the office who is available to take my call, they won't.

Yellow Springs, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2006 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Your-Last-Resort/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89149/Your-Last-Resort-ripoff-didnt-advertise-timeshare-wont-refund-fee-as-required-wont-r-175586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Your Last Resort,